But my period 3s are working hard on a test, so I can point form update.
1) Dream Serenade at Massey Hall on Saturday was *AMAZING*. Lineup was:
- Lou Canon
- Jason Collett
- Sarah Harmer
- Barenaked Ladies
- Billy Talent
- Aaron & Matt from The National
Even though I enjoyed sets by some of my very favourites (Sarah, Hayden, The National, and Feist), the highlight might have just been The Barenaked Ladies, whom I've never seen live before. That's shocking considering they are a mainstay of Cdn music, and I'm a mainstay of Cdn music concerts. Anyway, at the end they did a mashup of current pop songs (Roar, Wrecking Ball, etc. etc.) that had me roaring for laughter.
And this was all for a great cause. Hayden's daughter has a developmental disability, and the funds went to the Beverley School, which is for students with developmental/physical disabilities. As an educator who does work with some students with these disabilities, it was very close to my heart.
Good news: it was the First Annual Dream Serenade, so I look forward to going again!
2) LIGHTS at the Danforth Music Hall on Sunday night was pretty great too. She's an excellent live performer, and it was a super fun show. And, I was super happy to have a comfy seat up in the balcony, and it was done by 10:30 pm. A perfect activity for both the young and old in me.
3) It's Election Time! FINALLY. I hope our new mayor has a last name other than Ford. I am proudly voting for Olivia Chow if you are interested. I am not voting "strategically" because I don't want another conservative running my city. I'm voting with both my head and my heart for the best and most progressive candidate.
4) Ugh, the Jian Ghomeshi scandal has got me down and I'm sickened. Obviously we don't know for sure what happened, but I feel (just like I felt with Rob Ford) that where there's so much smoke, there's gotta be fire. I always enjoyed his radio program, Q, and liked him so it really sucks that he's turned out to be an awful and abusive person. Boo.