1. High heels or boots?
I don’t get this question at all. What about high-heeled boots? What if I like flats or sneakers? I feel that the options in this question make no sense, so I’d skip it except for the fact that it’s a shoe question so I have to put my two cents in. Right now I have a pair of black wedge boots that I love, but when it gets too slippery, out come the salt-stained Uggs. Such comfort!
2. What time did you get up this morning?
I was up at 9 am. Which is early for me on a weekend.
3. Diamonds or pearls?
Give me the bling.
4. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
I think the last movie I saw at the cinema was “Precious” which was a long time ago.
5. What is your favorite T.V. show?
Fave TV show ever is The Simpsons (seasons 2 – 8). Current fave is 30 Rock.
6. What do you usually have for breakfast?
Right now I eat peaches ‘n cream oatmeal with yogurt and a piece of fruit every morning.
7. What is your middle name?
Alexandra. It’s derived from my maternal grandfather’s name.
8. What food do you dislike?
Onions! I pick them out of everything.
9. What is your favorite CD at the moment?
Well, my favourite album (I don’t own the physical CD) right now is “Alter the Ending” by Dashboard Confessional. I didn’t listen to it very much when I first got it, but it’s been on heavy play all weekend. It’s so fun! Love it!
10. Favorite Clothing?
Hoodies. I love hoodies.
11. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
Hmmm, well, I’m pretty sure I’d love to return to
12. Are you an organized person?
Not really, but I make it look like I am. I’m deceptively organized, I guess.
13. Where would you like to retire?
Seriously, when I’m done with my
14. What was your most recent memorable birthday?
My 29th bday was exceptional. I woke up at the Waldorf Astoria in NYC, had breakfast at Starbucks, walked through Central Park to the American Museum of History, had a hotdog and a pretzel in Central Park for lunch, did the Top of the Rock, had the best hot chocolate ever at Dean and Deluca’s, had a nap, then saw Will Ferrell as GWB on Broadway, and ended the day with an awesome dinner at some little place with delicious food and atmosphere in Greenwich Village. It was better than the bowling birthday I had in grade 5 by miles.
15. What are you going to do when you finish this?
Have dinner and clean up this disaster zone.
16. Furthest place you are sending this?
I have readers in the
17. Person you expect to send it back first?
No one really. But I’m going to call out my pal s.g. to do it.
18. When is your BIRTHDAY?
February 15th. Scarily soon!
19. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Not a morning person at all. Night owl all the way.
20. Do you have any animals?
One Ms. Rilo Kitty.
21. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share?
They just released another block of tickets to the sold-out Great
22. What did you want to be when you were little?
A journalist or a novelist.
23. What is your favorite flower?
I don’t really have a favourite flower.
24. What is a date on the calendar to which you are looking forward?
There are quite a few:
a) Jan 29th – end of semester party with friends from work
b) Jan 30th – spa day with a friend
c) Feb. 6th – Great Lake Swimmers show
d) Feb 13th – Wedding Shower for Teresa/My 30th bday party (St. Ratford Chapter)
e) Feb 15th – My actual 30th bday which will be spent at the spa with friends.
f) Feb 20th – My 30th bday party (Toronto Chapter)
g) Feb 26th – Jack’s Mannequin Show
h) March 12th – 21st – March Break in
25. What was the last thing you ate?
26. Do you wish upon stars?
No. The only thing I wish upon is dandelion fluff.
27. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
28 . How is the weather right now?
Rainy and cold.
29. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
30. Favorite soft drink?
These days it’s Coke Zero.
31. Favorite restaurant?
Hard to say, but my comfort restaurant is my fave neighbourhood sushi place.
32. Hair color?
A nice shade of brown. Let's call it espresso.
33. What was your favorite toy as a child?
My collection of She-Ra dolls including Crystal Castle.
34. Summer or winter?
Summer = no work. So summer.
35. Chocolate or vanilla?
Chocolate all the way.
36. Coffee or tea?
Coffee all the way.
37. Favorite food of all time?
Hmmm, well these days it's sushi, but all time I would say a very good mac 'n cheese. Best one in Toronto is at the Victory Cafe.
38. Do you want your friends to email you back?
39. When was the last time you cried?
Hmmm, I think it was Tuesday night. I had been barraged by unsolicited advice that night at dinner and I was upset by it. I held it in until I got home from Tegan and Sara. People are well-meaning, but they often don't think about what they say and how it might make someone else feel.
40. What is under your bed?
Boxes, dust bunnies, suitcases, and cat hair.
41. What did you do last night?
Ran some errands, then watched SNL and fretted about where to have the TO Chapter of my bday.
42. What are you afraid of?
Fear itself. Okay, that was me being silly. I am afraid of losing my loved ones.Hmmm, I see that 43 is too cool for us. Whatever 43.
44. Best quality you have?
I think I’m kind and funny.
45. How many years at your current job?
6 years and counting.
46. Favorite day of the week ?
Friday after 2:50 pm!
47. Positive or negative?
Positive, for the most part!
48. How many people will you send this to?
I'm bypassing that and putting it on my blog!
49. How many will respond?
No idea. Memes are down to mood, I always think!
50. Do you like finding out all this stuff about your friends?
Note: For #s 47 – 49 I left Claire’s answers ‘cuz I agree.
Meme-away, friends, and have a great week!