Here is a list of things I want, and comments on whether or not I have my wants.
1) Dark purple Chucks - On the subway yesterday morning, I saw two people wearing low cut dark purple chucks and I realized that I *need* a pair of those suckers because: a) I love purple; and b) I love Chucks.
I will get them because I just did my taxes and I got a refund so mine they will be.
2) Boston Red Sox Tickets - Two members of the group of 9 and I are going on a road trip to Boston during the first week of August. I really wanted to go see a game and get a little bit drunk at Fenway.
Yesterday I looked up tickets online and all that's left is obstructed view seats. That lead me to wonder what that term means. Thankfully, some crazy Red Sox fan has created a website where you can see a photo of the view from most of the seats in Fenway. I looked up the ones we could have gotten, and we would have had a great view of a giant green post with the number 23 on it, plus a little bit of baseball action on the side.
So, $52 per person for a view of a post, not to mention the cost of the beer? I think I'll have to pass, even thought it would have been a cool vacay activity.
Solution: I'm gonna go to a Jays game and drink beer there. Heck, they need my attendance 1 000 000 times more than the Red Sox do.
3) I'd like a glass of pop. I just bought some, so I'll be back in a second.
4) All right, I got #3 pretty quickly. Next item: I'd kind of like to see the New Pornographers at the Sound Academy on June 15th. I should start plotting that. I hope Neko'll be there. Also, I want their new album which comes out next week. I'll get that 'cuz I still have iTunes money left over from my bday!
5) I want to be better at living in the moment. I spend too much time worrying about the past and future. The moment's where it's at! Any tips at getting better at that?
6) I want a bike. I've been planning on buying a bike for at least 3 years now. I tell you, it's going to happen this summer because all I have planned is the trip to Boston, so it would be a great time to explore Toronto by bicycle. I might even start looking for my bike this weekend, if I can find time in between social plans (Friday night sushi with Mathew, Sat. night party, coffee with Fea at some point, and then sushi/gelato lunch on Sunday with my friend Flora).
7) I want a new computer. That will happen this summer as well, unless I get buyer's jitters.
8) I want to organize my apartment a little bit better this summer and get some artwork framed that I've had around here since last summer. Yeesh.
Okay, so in summery (typo - I'm leaving it), I'd like it to be summer. But I also need to work on living in the moment. I'm a walking contradiction, I am.
Happy weekend folks!