Monday, January 28, 2013

And though the winter's advancing, we'll stay young, go dancing.

I had one of those weekends that was very rejuvenating for my body and my soul.

On Friday, I had a spa evening with one of my many friends from work.  I had an excellent massage that worked out all of the kinks from the weights, bootcamp yoga, and cardio I've been doing lately.  I had some awful kinks in my shoulders, and I'm glad to say they're gone.  I also got a facial, which is always super relaxing and the key to good skin (or so I've been told).

After the spa, my friend and I went for dinner and drinks in the neighbourhood.  It's always fun spending some one-on-one time with someone who you've only hung out with in a group setting before.  Yay for strengthening friendships, spas, dinners, and drinks!

On Saturday I slept in, and went to the gym for some cardio and yoga.  Thankfully, it was not bootcamp yoga this week, and I felt that the class nicely complemented my massage.  My body felt great after the class!

I then headed out on the 501 Queen streetcar to the Lakeshore part of Etobicoke (i.e. the west part of Toronto) for the rest of the weekend.  Saturday night was dinner, wine, and a movie in.  I now can finally say that I've seen "The Dark Knight Rises".  I love the Batman movies, and can't believe I missed that one in theatres this summer.  Oh wait, I can believe it - I was super busy all summer!

Sunday was a beautiful sunny winter day.  We went for brunch in the morning, which was awesome, because I ate my cheat meal.  I had a massive waffle covered in fruit and whipped cream.  It was AMAZING.

We then went for a really nice winter walk along the lake shore since it was so sunny.  It was a little bit chilly, and we could have stayed out longer, but one silly girl was wearing her purple chucks on her feet and they were getting cold.  I got some pictures though.

Skyline, snow, ice, and lake:


The ice chunks on the surface of the lake were pretty neat looking.  I loved the sound they made as they clinked in the water.


How all the birds don't get cold, I'll never know.   Oh wait, I do... their feathers provide them with waterproofing and mad insulation.  Lucky ducks.


Anyway, it was a nice weekend.  I woke up to a Monday with sleet, freezing rain, and lots of ice and melting snow.  I liked Sunday better.  Couldn't winter just say like that?

4 comments:

wigsf3 said...

Lakeshore and 40th. Great empanadas.

I'm down at the lakeshore in etobicoke waaaay too much.

Siobhan said...

Sounds like a perfect January weekend. So glad you feel rejuvenated, I hope it keeps up.x

The Grunt said...

I wish my winter looked that good.

Jabba said...

What a great weekend! I love you photos of the ice, it's hard to us to imagine it so freezing there since we've only been in Toronto in the super hot summer.