Thursday, January 24, 2013

Things that make everything better.

1) Tea --> tonight it was Love Tea #7 from David's Tea, of course.  Dark chocolate, strawberries and rose petals.  Now I'm having some Mint Chocolate Rooibos. 

2) Mail --> In the past month, I've been getting a lot of awesome snail mail from friends.  Yesterday, my friend Melly from Winnipeg set me these super cute mini-magnets of pictures of me.  They were taken a year ago when my pal Matt was in town for Los Campesinos! and Melly, who then lived in Kingston, came and joined us.  It's great having a crafty friend to immortalize your good times in magnet form.


3) My nails are in the above picture as a way to show you the size of the magnets, but the are also worth mentioning because they are awesome.  I got them Shellacked, which is a brand of hardcore nail polish that is supposed to last for 14 days without chipping.  I got them done on Monday, and they still look perfect.  Why I didn't splurge on Shellac earlier is beyond me.

4) Previewing the new Tegan and Sara album tonight on CBC Music is making my evening.  I'm on my second listen and I'm in love with this album.  I can't wait for them to announce a Toronto show.

5) Spa day tomorrow after school.  I've been looking forward to this.  My new exercise regime has been giving my body quite the pounding, so I can't wait for a massage.

6) Cuddly cats - Rilo is seriously the biggest cuddler ever.  Yesterday I was lying on my couch watching some TV on the Internet she planted herself right by me, so I took advantage of PhotoBooth and got a nice roommate portrait of the two of us.


7) It's so close to the weekend!  Hope you all have great ones!

5 comments:

Siobhan said...

I love your nails and those photo magents - lovely stuff. The stream only works in Canada so I'll have to wait for Tegan and Sara but so glad you get it and that you get a spa day. I think I need one of those!

Claire said...

Oooooh, I'm dying to try Shellac. And as I write this I'm curled up next to a kitty (Leela). She says hello!

Miss Ash said...

I just discovered Shellac manicures in December! They are amazing and shiny and wonderful....but...I will say my nails were a bit soft and started to peel afterwards! I would do it again though, they lasted weeks!

Jabba said...

I love your Photobooth pic!! Ziggy is snuggly right now too, laying on a piece of paper next to me. What's with that?
I'm getting into my David's Tea gift box that Rawbean gave me for Christmas. So far I've had Mulberry and Cream of Early Grey - both good. And I don't even like herbal tea! My favourite tea from there so far is still the Creme Brulee.

Jocelyn said...

those magnets are awesome! And your nails.... AMAZING