Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Insomnia post.

See wigsf, you're not the only one who can't sleep sometimes.



The past few months of my life have been filled with ups and downs, as is usual in anyone's life I guess.  However, the frequency/altitudes have been a little bit more than I'm used to.

I can't sleep because one of those downs just came around again.  However, I'm quite confident this will be the absolute last time I'm going to be riding this particular roller coaster, so that's something, right?

I'm not going to be down for long, I know it.  My current exercise/healthy eating plan has been doing wonders for me.  I've been hitting the gym five times a week: twice for personal training sessions, three times for cardio, and once for yoga (I double up one trip with yoga + cardio so that's how it adds together).  I don't eat white sugar or any grain products, except for the one cheat meal that I get per week.  I never thought that I'd be able to cut those foods out, but it's been surprisingly easy.

As a result I've been feeling really good: I've lost some weight, have more energy, don't get hungry as often, and I've noticed a great improvement in my running times.

It's good to have this in your back-pocket when life hands you some lemons.  I'm not allowed sugar, so I can't make lemonade, however, I did see a delicious chicken recipe the other day that called for lemon zest, so there you go.


3 comments:

Claire said...

Oh sweetie, I'm sorry it's a down, but I'm so glad you're riding it out in your usual fabulous style. Phone call at the weekend? I'd love to catch up?

wigsf3 said...

Wait for the bouts of hallucinations. They're fun.

Jabba said...

Girl, you know I'm there for you to. Let me know if I can help??