Monday, March 03, 2014

Is it awful if....

...as I read facebook post after facebook post, and have conversation after conversation with my friends who have children and houses who tell me about their weekends of shovelling show and waking up at 5:30 am to sign up for swimming lessons, and how their date nights turn into an opportunity to go Home Depot and buy paint for their bathrooms, and are out for dinner with their sweaters on inside out...

...that I feel really really grateful that I'm sitting on my sofa, in quiet and still, watching a dumb TV show, drinking wine, and dreaming about the reality that I'm flying to London and Paris in a few short days?

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Relish in this choice. This is your journey. Enjoy it. Feel no guilt.

In a few sleeps: Bon voyage!

jason said...

hah. i totally get how you're feeling. =)

Jabba said...

Well put Kevin!! I agree, as long as whatever you're doing you're happy? Go with it.