Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Another spin around the Sun.

Today is my birthday. Thanks to the luck of having a birthday around a newly made-up holiday (Family Day) and a PD day, I haven't actually had to teach on my birthday in quite a few years.

It was a good day though. Many of my students from last semester remembered the day and made the trip upstairs to the third floor to wish me happy birthday. Some of them also came back from a trip to BC and bought me a burrowing owl hand puppet, because they know that I love owls.  (Little did they know that the burrowing owl is a favourite species... I should dig out my burrowing owl tshirt.) One of my colleagues made sure that my current classes knew that it was my birthday so that they would treat me well (they always do anyway).

My pals organized a nice birthday lunch with unbelievably thoughtful gifts. I love my friends/colleagues/people who keep me sane.

I'm lucky.

I called my parents as is the tradition on my birthday.  My dad and I have a running gag (based on the Simpsons) where I thank him for driving my mom to the hospital to give birth to me.

Tonight is dinner and then a play.

Birthdays are nice.  I'm glad we celebrate them.

1 comment:

Siobhan Josephine said...

Oh that sounds lovely - happy belated birthday xx