Thursday, May 18, 2017

It's May!

Okay, it's been May for awhile. My stress levels at work have gone down slightly. I still have loads of marking and planning but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Life is good these days. This paradoxically causes me a bit of anxiety. I keep waiting for the other metaphorical shoe to drop.

Luckily last week a newsletter about baseball helped me with this. I subscribe to Stacey May Fowles' Baseball Life Advice.  Last week's newsletter was about anxiety and it contained the advice "there is no other shoe" and I've been chanting that in my head as of late. Instead of worrying about something bad happening and mentally preparing myself for that, I need to live in the moment and enjoy the good.

I also finished the book of the same name last week. It's a must-read for anyone who is a Jays' fan, especially if you followed during the 2015 and 2016 seasons. I loved it.

No comments: