Here are a couple views of the resort outside of Varadero that we stayed at:

Here's the beach:Some Cocotaxis on the streets of Valadero. We were warned not to take these since they're quite dangerous. Passengers are sitting over fuel tanks. Not the place I'd want to be in a crash.
Al Capone used to have a house in Varadero. Here it is. Hmmm, the life of a 1920s mobster could be the life for me.
Now here are some pictures from our day trip to Havana (which was yesterday believe it or not!).
Here's a view of Havana's crumbling architecture. These bulidings are across from the Capitol.
I'm not sure what this building was, but it was beautiful.
A view of the market in Havana:
A painting that I bought there:
Havana's cemetery. It was huge and one of the most incredible sights that I saw.
Last night's show at the Tropicana Nightclub. It was amazing. They also give each table of 4 a huge bottle of rum and one can of coke apiece. Had some mighty stong drinks while watching the show.
This morning's sunrise as seen from the balcony of our room:
Anyway, it was a great trip. I really needed that sunshine. I think I'm kind of sort of energized to get back to the old grind. Yeah right. Thank goodness I have three days until I have to do that again.
Later!
Edit: There should be text in between pictures. Sometimes the text disappears on my computer, but will appear if I highlight it. I don't understand why. Grr at Blogger. Anyway, highlight if you can't see it.









8 comments:
WOW that looks beautiful! sounds like you guys had a good time!
Great pictures of the trip. Looks like a great time. Really like the picture that you got, almost looks Dr Seusian to me... have you ever seen his book "The Secret Art of Dr. Seus? It is wicked.
D
Looks like the place I'd rather be right now. Sunny, warm, snow-free, on holidays, sigh.
WElcome back to Canada!
Awesome shots! Those buildings in Havana especially, something about the history of the whole area.
Looks like a great trip!
Wow, that looks like a gorgeous time. Glad to hear you had good weather, I'm quite jealous.
Oh.My.God. I'm green green green with envy.
When you first mentioned a trip to Cuba, I wasn't too jealous because I've never wanted to go someplace hot (and now seemingly heavenly.)
I'm not one for the heat. I hate it. I melt. But these pictures makes me reconsider.
And whoa, those cocotaxis are scaaary.
You got the loveliness of getting there and the awesomeness of coming home again. I am so glad you had a good time. I saw a star fly over head and assumed it was you so I waved back : ) We had 70s yesterday and 30s today. I do wish the weather was so Charlie Browny wishy-washy. Thanks for all the great pics.
gorgeous photos! Especially love those of the sunset. FAN-tastic!
Post a Comment