All right, I've been tagged by Scott to list my 7 ideal Jeopardy categories. Really, I can run pretty much any jeopardy category they throw at me, so this is a bit of an exercise in futility. *lol* Just kidding.
Okay so here are the 7 categories that would turn me into the next Ken Jennings:
1) I'll take "The Simpsonian Institute" for $1000 Alex. (My clever title for a Simpsons category that I'd run in a heartbeat.)
2) Maybe I'll find the Daily Double in "90s One Hit Wonders"...
3) Hmmm, it's not there. Let's move to "The Periodic Table of the Elements" for $1000.
4) That was too easy. Okay, let's get down and dirty with "Celebrity Gossip".
5) Hmmm... am I allowed to put in a second Simpsons category? Okay fine. How about "Canadian Provincial Capitals"? I did well on that test in grade 4.
6) Okay, let's get literary with "Contemporary Novels" for $1000.
And final jeopardy would be....
7) Biology. That pricy degree had better be good for something. ;)
Okay, I'll tag jc, m@, Guggenflurgen and Lea to keep the ball rolling. I was going to say "this is an easy tag" but I got a little stuck after the periodic table.
Now if there was a category about "Elections that are annoying the hell out of Christielli" one of the correct responses would be "What is the 2006 Canadian federal election?" However, I did get a bit of amusement out of the thing today when my crazy period 4 class asked me who I was going to vote for. Naturally, I gave them the "I'm not going to tell you that" schpiel and then made the following bad joke - "I'll tell you who I'm not voting for - The Bloc Quebecois!" Anyhow, they decided that since I was a science teacher, I'd probably vote Green... or maybe NDP. They all seemed to be pro-NDP. Really, if the NDP ever wants to win, perhaps they need to get the voting age lowered to 15.
8 comments:
Harder than it looks, I am pretty sure you would take me down on the Simpsons but I would eat you up on 90s one hit wonders...haha.
Less than a week till the election.
Scott
Whoa, I love the 7 Jeopardy Categories idea. However, I'd be stumped after 1 or 2 categories. And Scott tagged you huh...my next stop will be his blog to find out his areas of expertise.
Ugh, Liberals were ringing my doorbell and calling my house....all within 20 minutes this evening.
Thanks for tagging me. I was running out of ideas.
by the way you still owe me; me points towards Threesomes
It's fun reading everyone's categories :)
re: no. 4 - check out www.thesuperficial.com - hilarious.
raina: how awesome would it have been if they coincided and you just handed the door knocker the cordless and held them hostage?
chris: that's a nice range, the only of which I could possibly run being the Periodic Table, but there are always some gimme fast-twitch responses...good tag!
Lowering the age to 15 is exactly it. I remember reading some poll in the Globe and Mail that says in people age 18-24, 26% chose NDP, 24% Liberal... or some such numbers close to that. People tend to start out as socialists, as they age they move to liberals, then to conservatives.
Guess they're right, cuz I'm voting NDP, and I'm barely in the above age group.
hi girl!
i always see you around
so i'm checking you out
and not lurking!
this cracked me up
i would so kick as in the periodic table category
also working on a pricey biology degree...-------->
Post a Comment