Sunday, January 08, 2006

Why must vacations come to an end?

*sob* I can't believe that I gotta go back to work tomorrow. I'm so not ready. My mother, who's a teacher too, assures me they'll be quieter now that they've got the holidays out of their systems, but I'm less optimistic.

I like my job but I like being on holiday better.

Anyway, I'll stop whining since I really have no right since my 2 weeks off were much longer than what most people get. I apologize.

This afternoon I went for a walk and bought a new CD to console myself. I got Martha Wainwright's self-titled disc and it's good so far (I'm on my first listen). She's Rufus' sister. Last night I downloaded her song "Bloody Mother f****** A*****" and I love it. I'm in the mood for music with a lot of cursing lately.

I've been plowing through "Planet Simpson" which is a great book. If you're a Simpsons devotee and have not read it, you must. I think I didn't pick it up earlier because I figure I know everything about the Simpsons anyway, so why shoul I bother reading some hack's analysis of it? As Lisa would say, I stand corrected. It's a perfectly cromulent book.

Okay, I figure if I go do laundry right now, I can justify sitting around reading as opposed to working on the mounds of schoolwork I have. Yeah, that's it.

I'll leave you with some more Cuba pics, just 'cuz.

Here's a view from our hotel. I'm not sure what the structure to the left is. We were totally gonna take a walk to it one day and check it out but never did. I think it's an old military post or something.


If you leave tips for your housekeeper, she'll fold your towels into fun things like swans and hearts.

6 comments:

Scott said...

CUBA... still so jealous. I have heard that CD is great... enjoy.

Scott

Just Me said...

that's the only thing i hate about vacations...they have to end...bleck...

My New Blog!

Anonymous said...

When I grow up, I want to be beach bum. Ah the life.

EveyQ said...

What is it about vacationing and those towel animals? My sis and I went on a cruise a couple of years ago and each night a new animal. My favorite was the elephant wearing my earphones. Yep, my next book, "The Curse of the Towel Animals"... LOL when you discover the job that is like being on holiday, please let the rest of us know...

-jason- said...

cuba looks gorgeous. glad you had a good time.

check your gmail for a super secret email link.

Lea said...

Cromulent. Love it. Forgot about that one. Remember this one - embiggening. LOL.

Welcome back to school and back from Cuba.

As for my friend D, he really does actually know at least 5 U2 songs. I quizzed him and he's not as ignorant as he makes himself out to be. Just trying to get me annoyed, I guess, haha. My friends often also like to annoy me by mispronouncing Bono as "boh-no", like Sonny Bono. Aaaggghhh iiiccckkk. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me.