Instead, I took a picture of the Bell ad on the subway with the beaver with a curling rock in his mouth that makes me laugh. (Yay! We got a gold medal in men's curling today. At least one team of Canadian men can do something right.)

We had to come up with alternate plans for entertainment, so we figured alcohol would be a good choice. We decided to go to a bar on Queen St that we used to go to in university every once in awhile but it was closed down! Argh! We headed back to our area of town and went to a pub there. Anyway, we drowned our sorrows and had a good time chatting. It was no Danny Michel concert, but still fun.
When we stumbled outside, it was snowing which inspired me to get out my camera. I took a picture of this beer ad for some reason, but I like the effect of the snow...
I decided to walk home from Becca's because it was such a nice evening. It wasn't very cold and there were nice big flakes of snow falling and staying on the ground. Who doesn't love walking in fresh snow? I took a picture of the gates of the cemetery as I walked by. Looks kinda spooky, eh?

Toronto's got this "Live with Culture" ad campaign going on right now. I was bitter as I walked by the following sign. I tried to live with music tonight dammit, but it's hard to do when the best shows get sold out! I love the city, but I know if I lived in a smaller town like London or Kitchener, I wouldn't have to worry 'bout Danny Michel tickets selling out because, well let's face it, there is a smaller population of music snobs in those places.
On the bright side, I did buy Ben Lee tickets today. Last night I found out (Scott gave me the scoop) that he's coming back to Toronto on March 18th. Anyhow, I have tickets for that. Also, I have Hawksley tickets for March 25th and I might be going to Oasis on March 20th. I guess in March I'll be living with music much better than I have in January and February.
When I got home, I got a last minute email from my dear friend Sandee, who was in Toronto tonight hanging out in the area where we were for the attempted concert. *sigh* That sucks because we totally almost crossed paths!!!! Oh well...
Okay, so it's totally time for bed now. Good night!
7 comments:
what an awesome ad. it's so funny. can you steal one?
have a good weekend!
I like the pictures with the snow falling, very magical. :) I already have my tickets for City & Colour, and for Matthew Good, so I am set for March. Now I just need to get my hands on some tickets for Franz Ferdinand/Death Cab For Cutie in April and I will be set. :)
That cemetery gates one is cool.
I'm being too non-committal with buying tickets right now, but I might end up at Nine Inch Nails and Neverending White Lights this week...or maybe neither. Waiting for Matt Good to post a show closer to my place before I go with one of the others. A lot of good music touring this spring.
I love the snow pictures, very cool :)
Sold out shows suck! But you read my blog, so you're aware of my encounters with sold out shows :(
Sorry we missed each other, cause I never get to Toronto.....but next time I will let you know sooner..it was very last minute that I decided a 4 hour drive would be fun. Hate the fact you think that is snow - check my blog for pics - I am going get some of North Bay's snow fall.
Sounds like an okay night other than the missed concert. Glad that you had a good time.
Love those Beaver ads as well... that one always makes me laugh.
Scott
wow you've got tickets coming out the wazoo! that's esp awesome about oasis. the countdown is on til i go to see coldplay on march 22....
Post a Comment