Tuesday, March 13, 2007

You're supposed to have the answer, you're supposed to have living proof.

Why does time go so much faster when you're on vacation?

I've been laying low for my first couple of days in St. Ratford. Just hanging out with my family and doing a lot of reading. I'm almost halfway through my massive trilogy on Josephine Bonaparte. Between this book and my Marie Antoinette phase of late 2006, I've learned more about the French Revolution than I ever thought I would.

I've spent a bit of time going for long walks too. This warm weather is great for it, except for the massive puddles that I end up stepping in since I'm too busy daydreaming and listening to music to watch for them.

I've also been holding my breath when driving or walking across train tracks. It makes me nervous.

I downloaded a new Feist song that I came across on iTunes - "My Moon My Man". It's pretty good. I also bought the Amy Winehouse CD "Back In Black" today since I like the song Rehab and the thing was only $9.99.

Tomorrow I'm driving to Kitchener to catch a $2 kids' movie matinee with a friend, then having dinner with some friends here. I guess I'll be ending my anti-social couple of days, which is good. I get way too emo-y if I spend too much time alone.

3 comments:

wes said...

I totally understand the train tracks thing, you'll feel better about it soon. :)

I still don't really understand what emo means exactly? Its kind of a hard word to define and it seems to change a lot over time. A couple days of doing nothing is always good, it helps you appreciate them more. Enjoy the movies. :)

s said...

Ratford is a lovely place to loose yourself in. I love doing it. May I suggest a walk downtown through the shops. I do it evrytime I am there. Hit up Fam and Co to start - gets you in a good mood, then go to gruv, and green room with a coffee before crossing the street. Behind that street - the tea room is also fun

The Grunt said...

I've heard a lot of good things about Amy Winehouse. I don't know if I've ever felt emo-y. I will have to get tested for that.