Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Maybe if I was in demand, you would be mine...

I realize it's been a week since my last post. I'm totally not over blogging, I still love it to death, but I feel that the business of life is consuming me right now. I have a bajillion things to do, and I don't feel like I have time to accomplish everything, plus get my requisite levels of relaxing/downtime in.

Anyhow, I feel like compiling a random list of things I've thought in the past while.

1) Tonight I was in a gloomy mood, and I had a craving for the Matthew Good Band song "Suburbia" which lead me to listening to the Beautiful Midnight album on shuffle while going for a walk through crunchy autumn leaves on a cool autumn night. I felt better, and also appreciated how much I like that album.

2) I *may* have finagled a way to see Matt Good in Guelph, since I am missing out on the show here. I'll keep you posted.

3) I ate way too much Portuguese food tonight.

4) I might be doing double Weakerthans in November. I bought tickets to the first show right away, and then it turned out that Becca T has a work commitment that night, so I'll be taking my back-up Weakerthans pal from work, and poor Becca T was a bit melancholy about the situation. Anyhow, I just found out that a second show was added, and if Becca T wants to go to that one, I'll do two Weakerthans shows. Will it be so much enjoyability that my head will explode or implode?? I'll let you know when/if it happens.

5) I had a great long weekend. On Saturday night, I kind of sort of drank too much wine and did not eat enough food which was not a good idea. I still had fun though, but when I came home to my parents house, I ended up passing out on the couch downstairs and making it up to bed at 6:30 am. Of course my dad, being the early riser, was awake then, and when I woke up properly at 11 am, this all caused him to ask me how my kidneys were doing and he told me that I should take care of them because he may need one one day. However, next time I'm in St. Ratford, I'm writing on my hand to be sure to eating while beveraging.

6) I think I'm going on a road trip to Montreal in November. Yay!

7) I have some work-related training to do tomorrow, so it's almost like a day off since I'll be away for the day. This week is going to seem super, super short.

8) It was crazy warm here this weekend. Cooking a turkey during 30-degree weather is a little ridiculous.

9) All right, I should go and facebook now. I'm way behind on super-poking people.

7 comments:

AlieMalie said...

save some crunchy autumn leaves for me, please!

heh, your dad sounds really cool.

Joanna Wallace said...

it's not the kidneys that I would be worried about... Its the liver and the teeth.

Scott said...

That weather on the weekend was just stupid really. So confusing to me.

Double Weakerthans eh? nice.

X said...

You'll love Montreal! If you need any tips on where to go...give me a shout! :)

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Claire said...

"I feel that the business of life is consuming me right now."

Seriously - are you me?

So looking forward to seeing you - I'll be in Toronto Oct 25-28, and Oct 31 to Nov 3. Do you have any plans for Hallowe'en?

Cxx

The Grunt said...

Pfft! You can never eat too much Portuguese food.