It had been snowing here for what seemed like forever, but today is sunny and beautiful; albeit windy and cold. I'll take the windy and the cold if I can have sun, thanks very much. Although really, the snow wasn't that bad; it made for some very picturesque scenes in the past few days. I don't mind waiting for the bus so much in the morning if there are big snowflakes falling down. However, my bus waits are never that long; I live on an awesome route. Anyhow, the sun makes me happy, and the cold keeps the snow from melting so that it's not all gross and slushy out and my feet stay dry.
Anyhow, the sunny morning actually turned me into a morning person today. Here it is before noon and I've already been to the gym and back and have run other errands. I'm so productive this morning that in fact, I could not buy the new knitting needles required to make my dad's birthday hat since the store wasn't open while I was going by on my way home from the gym.
I had a fabulous week. It was the start of the a new semester and I think I've got some good classes yet again. I had the worst classes in the world my first year at my school, so I think I've paid my dues and the gods of class composition have smiled upon me yet again. Since that first year, I have had some rather eccentric classes who have driven me crazy at times, but nothing like those first year classes. You could argue that perhaps that it is my teaching that has improved, which it has, but I still think if I got those classes from back in the day, they would drive me to use up all of my sick days for my mental health despite the experience I've gained.
In areas other than work, life's going well too. Becca T and I went to see the filming of The Hour with George Strombolopous one day this week, and that was cool. She was a bit worried that I might have a melt down since I've stated on occasion that I seldomly watch that show because I cannot focus during it due to the immense attractiveness of the host, but I averted any embarassing displays of affection and kept my cool.
Also this week, my Montreal/NYC buddies from work and I scored a really good deal on a hotel for next weekend. I am *so* excited for this trip; I can't believe it's only five days away!
I've been having a fairly low-key weekend. I went to see the movie Persoplis with a book club friend. We'd read the graphic novel that this movie is based upon a couple years ago. It's a really good movie; I'd definitely recommend it, as well as the book. I haven't read Persepolis II yet (which is covered in the movie), but I'll get to it someday.
Other than that, this weekend has been spent catching up on sleep (I never get enough during the week), getting some stuff organized, reading, and relaxing. I have no homework this weekend for the first weekend in what feels like forever and I love it. Usually by this time on Sunday, I'm mopey because I know my evening will be filled with planning, and marking, but not this weekend. It's fabulous not having that. I will enjoy it while I can.
So yay for low-key weekends. And yay for super-exciting weekends with trips!
2 comments:
I was contemplating seeing Persoplis.
dude, you sound like i do when i see anderson cooper. omg. *drool*
hope you have a fantabulous friday ;) and an awesome weekend in NYC!
Post a Comment