So one of my last few weekends before the summer of fabulousity is bringing in the fabulousity itself.
On Friday, I went out for drinks with some friends and then we went to see the Sex and the City movie. I would probably give it 3.5 stars out of 5. I thought it was a bit on the long side. I actually would have only given it 3 stars, but I threw in the extra 0.5 star for all of the purses, shoes, and clothing in the movie. However, during the movie I did have a couple of *deep thoughts* about my life, but now I totally forget what those are. I blame the heat of this weekend for perhaps killing a couple of brain cells.
Speaking of heat, I really need to get an air-conditioner, I think. The only downside of not owning a car that I can identify is that it takes me *forever* to make a big purchase, because I tend to think "oh, I'll ask so and so to drive me next time he/she visits me" but then I never do ask. Hence it never gets done.
Anyway, yesterday I spend the day hanging out with friends who all had air conditioning so I was good. But, boy, did I eat. I went to a friend's bday breakfast where we had waffles, champagne, fresh-squeezed juice, chocolate croissants, scrambled eggs, and bacon. Yum. It made me feel like it should have been my bday.
In the afternoon I headed out to the suburbs for my friend's annual June dinner party with a bunch of her various teacher-friends (yes, a dinner party full of teachers). It was really fun with lots of great food and a chocolate fountain. Yum.
Today, I have to drag my sorry self to the gym to try and maybe work off some of yesterday's food. Then, I plan to mark for a bit at Starbucks with a frappucino. Then, it's Becca T's not-so-much of a surprise REM concert! I'm very excited. It was supposed to thunderstorm today, which would be bad news because all I could afford was uncovered lawn seats. However, the morning was sunny and there are a few clouds now, but nothing ominous looking. Keep your fingers crossed for good weather!
5 comments:
I wanna DJ at the end of the world!
Awesome weekends rock! And the summer of fabulosity is bearing down on us!
Yay :)
Cxx
REM twice this year? Lucky.
hey!
i have been reading your blog and i really like it.
and yes. the sex and the city movie was a little bit of a disappointment. maybe it was just built up too much!?
anyways. i have a specific question i wanted to ask you about a new health and beauty product.
could you send me an e-mail?
adrienne@matchstick.ca
thanks!
adrienne
you are the first person that i've heard not like it! anyway, enjoy the concert!!
Post a Comment