Here's a happy thought post. I'm in the middle of marking furiously right now, but I'm taking a bit of an extended break:
1) My classes rock this semester, especially my grade 10s. I'm starting to get mushy on them since I have very few days left with them. I'm sick of marking and ready for a break from that, but I'm going to miss the kids a lot.
2) It's a long story, but I've been working on gardening with some students after school for the past month. (Luckily I have help from a professional gardener at the park near our school. If there's one thing I don't do, besides cooking, it's taking care of leafy green beings.) Anyway, today I was happily out in the sun, weeding, wearing my fabulous expensive sunglasses, and listening to horns honking furiously because Portugal won a soccer game today. It was one of those rare moments where life is just weird and funny (who gardens with teenagers?), and really enjoyable. I love when the little moments just make the other annoying aspects of life irrelevant.
3) REM was fantastic. Becca T said it was the best bday present ever. Yay!
4) This weekend I'm pampering myself. I'm getting my haircut by my new hairstylist (with whom I am seriously in love), and getting a manicure and pedicure. I'm going to go broke one of these days, but at least I'm going broke in style.
5) Did I mention that I teach the most fabulous students ever?? I'm taking a break from marking projects that show that they've learned stuff from me and even remember the stuff I say! Wow!
6) My online course sucks and is boring boring boring boring but it is now half over, and I'm getting As on stuff so that's all good.
7)All right, this happy thinking has motivated me to go to back to marking. Later!
5 comments:
soldier on with the marking
it's great that you like your kids this much.
nice weather + having good classes must make it that much easier to get up in the morning the last few weeks of school
I am sure that you will miss them, but I am equally sure that you will nt be missing them so much once you are sleeping in this summer.
Portugal won??? Damn! I'm off to start honking my horn.
Post a Comment