Thursday, August 07, 2008

I just need light. I need light in the dark as I search for a resolution.

Random thoughts from a girl who can't sleep...

1) So a beloved band of yours comes out with a new single and you download it. How many times do you listen to in a span of roughy 24 hours do you think? 10? 20? Maybe 30? Well, if your name is Christielli, and the single is "The Resolution" by Jack's Mannequin, the answer is 60.

2) Early on Sunday morning, I'm leaving for major summer trip #2: Mayhem in the Maritimes, baby. What do I mean by mayhem? Well, I mean *me* driving (or at least until my travel buddies have the sense to step in), lighthouses, Canadian historical sights, a few quaint inns, some pubs (I insist on getting drunk at least once... not while driving, of course), ferries, long bridges, tides, the ocean, Anne of Green Gables corniness, a Sarah Harmer show, a ghost walk, beaches, ice cream, and lots of seafood. Perhaps mayhem is the correct term for this, but I couldn't come up with a better alliteration.

3) Album of the week: Little Jabs by Two Hours Traffic. Best song: Sure Can Start. Band is from PEI, where I will be the weekend after next (they won't though, that would have rocked).

4) CDs I will pack for the road: the above album, Navy Blues by Sloan, Wish You Were and All of Our Names by Sarah Harmer (I have some people to school before the show), Marriage by Attack in Black (driving CD from last summer), Everything in Transit by Jack's Mannequin, and whatever bitchin' mixes I have time to make before the trip. n Oh and how 2003 is it to be packing CDs?? (2004 being the year I got my iPod.)

5) If I still can't fall asleep after writing this, I could play connect the dots with the mosquito bites that cover my limbs. I went to a wedding at a cottage last weekend, and trust me, kids' bug spray that smells like watermelon does not do the trick. And, for the record, I disagree with Ned Flanders: mosquito bites are not satisfying to scratch.

6) Even though it is only the beginning of August, I realize that when I get back from my trip on August 20th, reality will be setting in. However, even though they will force me to go back to work yet again this year, I do love the fall and I suspect this will be a fall with a lot of concerts. (Yes, I say that every fall to make me feel better about the inevitable.)

7) Is that a little of bit of sleepyness I feel coming over me?? I think it is... The hot chocolate and staring at a computer screen seems to be working. I have found the resolution!!!

4 comments:

Claire said...

Hee. I love random posts. I am so jealous you're going to PEI, and look forward to some awesome pics. It's dawning on me also that the end of the summer is galloping towards us...

Cxx

Jocelyn said...

you caused me to start off the morning listening to jack's mannequin, so thank you!

The Grunt said...

Yeah, I have quite a few mosquito bites on my arm right now and they are not satisfying to scratch.

I've not listened to a track 60 times in a row, but I've come darn near close to that.

Anonymous said...

60 times? that's hardcore.

i too am jealous of your pei trip, and if you didn't bring along some sloan... well then... i don't know what i'd do being that they came from the maritimes and all. i'll give you props for hitting up a sarah harmer show too.