When we met up at our selected meeting place, Becca told me that a couple of our friends were having dinner at a restaurant close to the sushi place and that she told them that we'd drop by and say hi.
We got to the restaurant (a cute Mexican place that I'd heard was good) and we looked around for them and then went to the second floor. Immediately I saw my friend David and though "oh, he's having dinner with them too, how nice." Then I saw my friend Jamie and thought "I didn't know that he was hanging out with that group these days." Then I saw my friend Flora and thought "what the fuck?" Then I looked around the table and saw all kinds of people that I knew.
"Wait, I know all of these people. This must be for me!" I exclaimed and then slapped my own face like a total dork. I won the prize for slowest surprise party realization ever. And there is actual photographic evidence of me slapping my face and people laughing at my slowness. Awesome.
Anyway, I was so touched that my friends planned this party and so many people came out. It's so fun spending the evening eating good food and laughing and being silly with all kinds of good friends.
And I got a bunch of cool stuff too!

From Becca T, I got the Harajuku Lovers perfume (Music) that I'd been coveting. I really like Gwen Stefani things for some reason.

Also from Becca T, a fun sparkly box with a ring in it that says "Lance". I purchased said ring for her as a joke (back in university when N Sync was around). I'm pretty sure she'll be getting it back at some point in her life.

From my pals Jon & Ali (the decoys), I got a journal and a mini-book on the elements. Being the science nerd that I am, I got really excited about that book. I'm going to bring it to school and read it to the kids.

My friend Flora got me bird cards, bird earring and a box with birds on it 'cuz I like birds.

I got a gift certificate from Indigo from my friend David 'cuz he's impressed with my resolution to read 52 books this year and wants to help the cause. (Note: I slowed down this week in my reading but I'm determined to finish book #7 before I leave for NYC.)

My friend/colleague/travel buddy Fea and her husband got me a super cute lululemon hoodie (!) and a lush bath bomb.
And la piece de resistance of bday presents, of which I've heard about the making of it since January is from my pal Mathew...

He managed to make me a replica of the Simpsons' sailboat picture above their couch using his mad photoshop skillz. How awesome is that? I guess I'm going to have run into my apt and towards the couch and perform some sort of couch gag every time I come home now.
Anyway, the rest of my weekend was fun (shopping, sushi, chilling, and a baby shower), but the party was def the highlight. I love my friends so much.
My week will start off really hard because I have managed to be talked into doing the fitness boot camp that my friend (who teaches phys ed) is organizing. She is hardcore, and I'm terrified, but I'm going to do it.
I also have a Raptors' game this week with my work spouse (for whom the baby shower was for), and then on Friday I'm off to NYC for my birthday weekend! Yay!!!
6 comments:
Wow you've got some good friends. Very cool.
Enjoy the fitness boot camp.
Nice! The sailboat is awesome!
Is the elements book like funny stories and anecdotes?
Have fun in NYC!
NYC for your birthday, eh? Sounds great! Anyway, I'm just happy when my friends remember my birthday.
yes Christy the boat is cool! man that artist is soooooooooooooooo talented... he can probably cook too!
um... I have some venting to do, about you know...
Glad to hear this, C.
sounds like so much fun! yay for awesome friends.
Post a Comment