Well, my last full week of vacation is almost half-over which is unreal. I still haven't even written my summer "to-do" list. Oh well, I think I got most of it accomplished, and whatever I didn't, I can somehow fit into my schedule during the school year.
Next week, I'll go in to get my photocopies for the first week ready, and then we have PD days on Wednesday and Thursday. I intend to bring my knitting. This year's school year is ridiculous. Since Labour Day is on the 7th, they had to re-jig the schedule with these front-loaded PD days and now we won't have our traditional PD days after parent-teacher interviews. Which will suck because I won't be able to go out after interviews. I know, I know. Cry, teacher, cry.
So these last couple of weeks I've been focusing on developing good habits before the school year starts. I've been eating very healthy to make up for all of the unhealthy eating I did all summer long, and I've re-located where my gym is (I hadn't gone in so long, that I joked I forgot where it was). In fact, I've been doing lots of yoga classes, and spending time on the treadmill and really enjoying it. I actually did both today, so go me. Of course, this begs the question of why I didn't start this at the beginning of the summer, but at least I've got it all under control now.
Yesterday, I met up with three of my good friends from work, all of whom pity me because I have to go back to school next week while they continue on their maternity leaves. So yah, there were *three babies* at this get-together, and I got to listen to lots of mommy-talk, most of which makes me think I can never have kids. Have you *heard* about what happens during the birthing process? Not pretty! And the lack of sleep? Insanity! Still, all three babies were pretty cute.
I think tomorrow I'm going to take a day from the gym (I've been 5 days in a row... crazy, but I am feeling good) and go shopping (!). I don't really need any back to school stuff since I bought myself a very pretty dress in London for the first day back and the rest of my stuff is fine. Oh, and after cleaning out my desk last June, I have boxes and boxes of pens and pencils, so I *think* I'm okay, but new marking pens are always in order.
I also need to book myself some self-pampering before school starts. I'm in dire need of a manicure-pedicure, and perhaps a massage, and maybe even a haircut. Although, I should wait 'til it's a bit longer 'cuz I am enjoying the fact I can tie it back now. Keep it out of my face when I'm downward dogg-ing or whatnot.
My, my this post is dull. Methinks I really need to get back to school so at least I'll have the odd funny teenager moment to tell upon this blog.
ps I'm listening a lot to "It's Blitz!" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. So good.
pps I also really like the EP "The Beat Stuff" by Hannah Georgas. And oh! Now that I went to her myspace page to link here, I see she's opening for Danny Michel (whom I also love) at the Rivoli in October. Must. Go.
ppps Fall is always best for concerts and fun.
pppps I need to get reading. I'm stuck on book #26... I've got a lot to read if I'm going to get to 52 (unlikely) but I think I can at least get to 40.
3 comments:
Good job on the gym and eating healthy. I sooo need to go to the gym.
And WOW you ave read about 24 more books than me this year. Sad but true.
The gym is great work! And you're kicking my ass on the C25K - I got broken so bad at the gym Monday I'm bumping my program by a few weeks!
Cxx
If you're into that sorta stuff, check out the new Third Eye Blind record. It's pretty good.
Post a Comment