Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Just another door that won't open for me anymore.

First of all, thanks to everyone for cheering me up after I posted my list of annoyances last post. I think I'm less annoyed about most of the things. I've been getting plenty of compliments on my hair, the eyebrows will be taken care of tomorrow, I still miss Becca T, but I'm def going to investigate Skype, and I'll take a step back from the rest of it.

Here are some random going-ons from the last few days.

a) I've discovered the show "Intervention" on the internet. I don't get A&E, so I'd never even heard of it before. I feel guilty for watching it, because it is so exploitive, graphic, and disturbing, but I've been watching episodes like they are leftover Halloween candy. Soon someone's going to have to pull an Intervention intervention on me.

b) John K. Samson (of the Weakerthans) put out a solo EP that was released today. It's only three songs, but it makes me happy. A pal of mine from Winnipeg describes it as "so very Winnipeg" and is currently explaining all of the inside references to me.

c) I had a very long day (13 hours) at work today. On my way home, I treated myself to the next Sookie Stackhouse novel. (These are the books that the TV show "True Blood" is based on.)

d) I think I'm fighting off a cold. My throat's been just a little scratchy the past two days. I hope I can keep it at bay.

e) How did it become November?

f) Why do I always come home with an elastic band around my wrist? Rilo loves to chew them off of me, so I know she hopes that I'll never solve the elastic band mystery.

g) I had Portuguese chicken for dinner tonight with rice, potato balls, and salad. So good! I should have eaten more of it.

h) Can I interest anyone in a set of element posters to mark?

i) I had to take my rings off today at school 'cuz of a demo I was doing and I forget them there. My right had feels terribly naked, and my thumb keeps going to play with them, but it's strange that they aren't there. And I didn't realize that I had the habit of playing with my rings with my thumb as I think until they were gone.

Bed time. Week's almost half over. Phew.

6 comments:

wigsf said...

nighty-night

Claire said...

Happy hump day - boo to 13 hour days!

Cxx

Unknown said...

I acquire elastic bands too. I collect them when collecting my post.

And I hope you feel better soon and do not have a cold. And therefore have an easy going end to the week with no more 13 hour days?

x

The Grunt said...

I always come home from work with something in my shoe. Now, what kind of animal could help me with that problem, a ferret?

Aaron said...

element posters? sounds bohring. ha.

haha mine was Wolfram back in the day.

glad things are a bit more cheery!

Miss Ash said...

I found Intervention to be interesting for about a season....and then it seemed like same old same old. Horribly sad stories of course but just felt a bit redundant in the way everything was shown.

What are potato balls? Like those little round potatoes?