I'm sick. It started in my throat and now it's turned into a lot congestion in my nose. I'm sleeping lots. Still working 'cuz I have too much to get done to stay home. Goal for next year = make self more dispensable.
Pray for Mojo.
The responses to last post made me laugh. Girls don't carry a lot of stuff 'cuz we're crazy or homeless but because we are smart and also like to leave our homes.
Who knows when it's gonna rain? That's why I always like to have my (purse-size) umbrella with me. In fact, I believe that carrying an umbrella with you is one way to ward off rain. I don't want to carry it in my hand 'cuz that's annoying, and could result in me leaving it somewhere and thus having to buy a new umbrella. So win for convenience, win for personal finances.
A hairbrush is necessary for me. My hair tangles at the slightest movement, and if I can't brush it a couple of times a day, it becomes a disaster. I leave the house for extended periods of time, hence I need to ensure that it doesn't become a tangled mess throughout the day because I like to look nice.
3 lipglosses? I like choice.
A book? Well, I take the subway, and it's nice to have something to read. And, one of my fave after-school relaxing activities is to hit up a Starbucks, have a cup of deliciousness, and read a couple chapters.
I commend those who carry more than one pair of shoes. Brilliant.
Also carrying food is smart. Why go out to eat when you can throw a piece of fruit or some almonds in your bag, and have a healthy snack and spend the money you saved on Starbucks?
I need a big wallet 'cuz I'm a person with a lot of store discount cards and I shop randomly and sporadically. Also, I'm popular, and need a spot for all of my gift cards, ha-ha.
Furthermore, I've developed a taste for a designer handbag here and there and I strongly believe if you are going to drop some cash on a bag, you should use it! And fill it with stuff!
Anyway, carrying stuff is all about being prepared for what life will throw your way!
I should go throw some cold medication and kleenexes into my purse now to be prepared for tomorrow. Now to blow my nose, take more drugs, and curl up in bed with a book. Rock and roll.
5 comments:
In my experience, designer handbags actually store less stuff than el cheapo handbags. And yes, I've actually done studies on the matter. Here is some of my findings:
"A side note about purses, specifically those hoidy-toidy high-priced Prada bags. I’ve done a little bit of research on those bags. They balance well, much better than a generic bag that looks similar. Their downside appears to be a rather small opening and little interior space. And they cost a lot, a LOT. So when your girlfriend or wife asks you to buy her a Prada bag, ask her why. If she can come with a reason that makes a bit of sense in terms of maintaining her equiliberium and she doesn’t need to carry a lot of junk, you may want to consider buying her one. Of course, if you’re not made of money, well, she’s not dating you, so it wouldn’t even be an issue."
Still sounds to me like you prefer to carry half of your home around with you. Basically, you're short a bag of empty cans and a few soiled rags to be actually homeless.
These are just some of my beliefs on why women carry purses. I've neglected to mention to most important reason.
That sore throat, then nose congestion thing sounds like me last week. Boo!
Can you fit two pair of chucks in a handbag?
Boo-urns!
Ohhhh, what kind of bags do you have?? And for the record, designer bags come in all shapes and sizes. Some are so large, they rival duffel bags I owned when I was younger.
I live in Raincity and I don't even own an umbrella. They annoy me.
Hope you feel better soon!
I hope you feel better soon. And I'm loving the handbag chet.
OMG i just got over what you had...i lost my voice from Friday to Wednesday....nice way to spend my vacation eh?
Post a Comment