Sunday, August 08, 2010

Vacation's come and gone.

Well, after a twelve-hour trip from door-to-door, I'm back in Toronto. We actually made very good time from our hotel in Dedham (guess how many times I made fun of the name of the boring suburb our hotel was in) to Hamilton, but then I had to take the GO bus back to Toronto, so it made for a long day.

Anyway, I guess I haven't blogged since leaving Cape Cod. Salem was really cool, however we got soaked in a torrential rainstorm in the midst of our sightseeing. Luckily it cleared up in time for us to do a ghost walk around town.

The two days we spent in Boston were really fun. I really liked the city a lot, and we spent a lot of time walking around and exploring Boston Common/The Public Garden, Beacon Hill, Quincey Market, and the waterfront. We even trekked out to Cambridge to check out Harvard. On our second day, we were supposed to take a whale-watching cruise offered by the aquarium, but it got canceled because of boat problems, so we ended up going on a corny high-speed boat tour of the harbour called "Codzilla" instead. It was fun.

Anyway, I'm just going to leave you with some of my fave photos from the trip. Yes bloggarinos, you are guys are getting them even before Fbook does, because after this, I'm hitting the sack. I love traveling but I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed.

1) Here are my feet as I'm lounging on a beach chair on our hotel's private beach in Cape Cod.

2) View of the lighthouse and the cliffs at Aquinnah, Martha's Vineyard.

3) Some birds (cormorants?) that I spotted during our Cape Cope bike ride.


4) A view of Boston's skyline that I took when we were out on the waters of Boston Harbour.

5) Sailboats on the harbour at sunset.


p.s. I just noticed that my five fave pics all have the ocean in them. I guess you know what my fave thing of the trip was. Although, I do have lots of pics of really old graveyards too. But I guess the ocean even trumps those, ha-ha.

8 comments:

Jabba said...

Great pictures! I hear you after 12 hours of travelling I would have hit the sack before posting anything!
I love the picture of the lighthouse, the water looks tropical!

Welcome home!

galapogos said...

Welcome back! I look forward to hearing about it and seeing more pics.

Princess Pessimism said...

Im glad yuo had a great time!!! And that Salem wasnt a total bust! Love the pics!

Miss Ash said...

Pretty pics! Sounds like you had a great trip though I do want to hear more about this ghost walk....scary or cheesy??

rawbean said...

Wow great pictures! Glad you had a pretty good time. Speaking of sleeping, I totally fell asleep on my couch last night! So exhausted.

Name said...

Loves picture #3. And I'm glad that you had a fantastic trip. Way to Kennedy it up.

Aaron said...

love the dilapidated pier pic most...i need to see the ocean some day soon.

seems like there may be a niche market for ocean ghost ship tours to combine both features

The Grunt said...

It's pronounced chowda!