Sunday, June 12, 2011

Come on teacher, just admit it, you think I will never get it.

Friday - Left school ASAP. Came home for a bit of a nap, then went out for dinner with Jason and saw the Joel Plaskett Emergency play the opening night of Luminato. The venue was nice; it was a grassy knoll (how often can one use that word?) by Roy Thompson Hall. The rain held off, and Joel and his Emergency Band played a great set. He played a lot of classics. It seemed like there were many tracks from "Truthfully, Truthfully" which came out many years ago, and is a favourite album of mine. He also played a new song, "Lightning Bolt" or something like that, and it was amazing. A new album is going come soon and I'm excited.

Saturday - Went to a little French cafe with Jason for some iced coffee and tasty quiche. It was a lazy morning/afternoon which suited me fine. In the evening, I met up with another Jason for dinner. This Jason is my pal from Buffalo who is one of my oldest blog readers. He's moving away for a job, so he wanted to visit Toronto one more time before he left. Good luck on your new job Jason!

Today - No day of rest for me. I met up with Fea for a marathon marking session, went to the gym, tried to catch up on laundry (a never-ending task) did a little bit of housecleaning (not that you could tell), and worked on some exam review material. What a busy day.

I have to say that I'm feeling overwhelmed right now. I actually had to say no to social plans this evening (I hate doing that) because I have to catch up on work and life. I'm feeling so busy these days and having a really hard time keeping track of everything. I've even accidentally double-booked one night. I'm not sure how I'm going fix that.

But really, I shouldn't whine. The busy-ness comes from having so many amazing people in my life, and I'm lucky for that. I hope that when summer comes, I have some time to exhale, because these last three weeks are just really really busy. Pro: I have booked a relaxing massage for myself this week. Con: it's another thing to keep track of.

Anyway, there are only four more proper teaching days left of this year. Pro: only four more days left with my yucky class. Con: only four more days left with my awesome class.

Here's a JPE classic to close out the last teaching week of the school year. Happy Monday blogger folks!

6 comments:

rawbean said...

Having lots of plans is awesome, but yea you need a break for sure! Your friends will understand.

Unknown said...

Having a break sometimes is okay. I seem to be having one at the moment as family stuff and work go mental but I poke my head out from time to time.

Not long until summer! I just booked a physio appointment for after term has finished - we're nearly there!

s said...

double booking can suck! I keep track of life in my iphone calendar....then it fell into a watery grave and I feel very lost without it. hopefully the massage makes up for the busy week.

Miss Ash said...

Just think a few more weeks and you'll be able to breathe!! I love that you can just walk out your door and find a French Cafe and sushi and Luminato and all sorts of fun things to do! You can't possibly live in such an amazing city and not be busy every second of the day! Yay to good friends!

Jabba said...

We are almost on the same countdown! You are right though - sometimes you just have to say no to social plans. For me - I say no a little too often sometimes. I'm a loner, what can I say?!

yrautca said...

Have a fun summer!