I've been really unfocused lately, hence the lack of blog posts. To get back to writing, I'm just going spew some randomness on here.
1) My post title comes from the song "Demons" by Sleigh Bells which is my new favourite running song. It's loud and angry.
2) Speaking of running, I did a personal best 5K today, quite possibly because of the song above. It inspired me to sign up for the Women's Half Marathon 5K in Sunnybrook Park at the end of May. I want to see if I can get a PB for 5K in an actual race. Don't forget, I've also got a 10K in the middle of May. My goal for that one is to live through it.
3) I have been researching running routes in Paris this evening. I want to go for at least two decent runs during my vacation. It seems as if Becca T lives near the Bois de Vicennes, which is a big forest that came up in my research, so I'm gonna ask her what she knows being that she's the Parisienne.
4) And yes! Paris! 9 sleeps. I've been doing a lot of research on activities and day trips and stuff. I was considering visiting the D-Day Beaches, or somewhere else in Normandy, but then I came across a bus trip that I could take to Bruges and I'm leaning toward that. Why not add another country to my list of places I've been? Plus my friend Joanna said it's very pretty. Hey - I'll probably be off to Bruges two weeks tomorrow if all my plans come to fruition.
5) I want to go the Louvre again.
6) I'm also going to find Marie Antoinette's grave.
7) And I'm going to shop.
8) I also want to go into the catacombs. Becca did it when she first moved to Paris and enjoyed it. It looks goth-tastic to me.
9) Seriously, I feel like this trip to Paris is the only thing keeping me going these days. I am also really toying with the fact of doing another trip to Europe this summer because why not? I don't have anything pressing this summer so maybe I should pick a city/country that I haven't been to and explore it. Maybe even on my own so I can "find myself" or something like that. Who knows. Anyone wanna come with?
6 comments:
I want to come with :)
Dude, if there's even a shadow of the chance the house will be sorted by then, I so want to come with!
Also, "My goal for that one is to live through it."?
Hee
Sign me up, I'll go!
(Actually planning a trip for Christmas to Germany, but I'm up for two a year!)
Your Paris plans sound amazing. And so does your idea of just going somewhere. I may need to join in.
Paris will be amazing as will your trip in the summer.
I encourage you to do more travel if your soul yearns for it. I made a snap decision to go to Europe last summer. Last minute flights are fantastic!
It's good for the soul.
Post a Comment