Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Well the only way I see this happening is in an extended ride north.

Made it through the first day.  The first day is always a breeze.  Well, not really this year, in that the AC in the school was COMPLETELY down (as opposed to a regular day when it's half down), and we were all melting.  I wore pants.  Big mistake.  My mom told me a cold front is coming soon.  I asked if it would be entering my school, because that's what that building needs.  It retains heat like a mofo.

Anyway, it's too soon to tell if my classes are good.  I am optimistic they will be.  I've got all grade tens this semester.  I like grade tens.  They know what's the what, but are still humble and do their homework. 


Now for some randomness.

I enjoy musicians who maintain really great mailing lists.  Today I got an email from Hawksley Workman announcing his fall tour and it was beautifully written.  Tonight, I got an email from Stars about their new album, The North, which came out today, and same thing. 

I went on a mission to find a bag that will hold ALL of my stuff.  I am tired of carrying a gym bag, a lunch bag and a purse and sometimes more to work.  And I'm too old for a backpack.  I found a tote that will carry it all, I hope.  Tomorrow is its test.

I baked muffins for the science/math department at school as a treat for tomorrow since we have a morning meeting.  I haven't baked in years.  I don't know what came over me.

ANYWAY,  the point of this blog post was to let you know I survived day #1.

3 comments:

AlieMalie said...

Glad you survived Day 1! Sorry to hear it was so hot, that sucks!

So what are your thoughts after your first listen through the new Stars album?

Miss Ash said...

Woo hoo!!! Day 1 down!

I love that you baked muffins, yum!

Unknown said...

I hope the tote did hold it all - I'm not using a small handbag and a tote and it seems to work. Good luck with the new term x