Last week was dull, but the weekend was fun. After a twelve-hour day at work on Thursday (followed by drinks thankfully), we had an uneventful PD day on Friday. I'd been fighting off a cold all week, and even though Friday was a beautiful day, I came home and crashed for awhile but managed to get some much-needed laundry done. Friday wasn't much of a party.
HOWEVER, I think after that restful Friday, I was rejuvenated for the weekend. On Saturday, I slept in, met up with my friend Flora for a sushi lunch, then did a little bit of shopping with her. After that, I killed a 4-mile run at the gym, then came home, cleaned many of the things, put up my Christmas tree, and baked muffins. After that, I went out for dinner to a Neapolitan pizza place that I'd been wanting to try. The pizza was delicious, and I had a sparkling *red* wine which was really different and good. After that, I ended up drinking wine and watching The Exorcist at home, which was supposed to happen on Halloween but didn't. Well, we were gonna have champagne with The Exorcist on Halloween, but the champagne got consumed, but The Exorcist was not watched, but November's still spooky enough for horror movies, right? Watching movies from the 70s is pretty trippy, because movies are so much different now. They actually would take time to develop stuff.
After my epic Saturday, I had to wake up early this morning to go to a meeting for my Kenya trip. I'm enjoying the process so far, and getting to know the students and staff I'll be traveling with. I know this is going to be a great experience for me.
I came home to a couple slice of left-over pizza for lunch, then I headed off to the Eaton Centre to do some shopping. It was pretty crazy busy, what with the Santa Claus Parade going on. I think everyone migrated to the mall. I managed to hit a few stores that I had some good email coupons for. I bought a bunch of books at Indigo for 25% off. Christmas shopping well under way.
Anyway, this week promises to more exciting. I'm supposed to join a running club lead by my insanely-fit friend tomorrow, and then I have some really exiting shows coming up.
On Thursday, I'm going to see Sloan for their TR2012 tour, which is when they are playing the entirety of their 1994 album "Twice Removed". This is one of my favourite albums EVER, and I'm SUPER EXCITED for this show. In fact, my next post is going to be about that album and my favourite lines from TR songs.
Then, on Saturday, I'm seeing two of my very favourite bands, Metric & Stars, giving some stadium love at the ACC. I've seen both of these bands play in little bars, and now it's ACC time. Now, I'd rather still see them in little bars, but I'm super stoked to see them rock the ACC. It's going to be awesome.
But first, I gotta get through the running club and a few days of work.
7 comments:
looking forward to your twice removed post. so wish i could have been in a place where this tour stopped. next place i'm moving will hopefully be big (or canadian) enough for sloan to stop by.
Stars AND Metric! Jeals. Have fun!!
I am so inspired by your Christmassyness!
Napolitan pizza. Details?
I was really hoping that you did end up watching The Exorcist after putting up the Christmas tree, because that seems like an awesome combo.
Woah! It's already almost time for your Metric concert?! It seems like yesterday that we saw them.
I can't believe you already have your tree up! We always wait until after December gets underway. This year - I'll just be happy yo have the contractors gone in time to put up a tree. Fingers crossed!
I love that a quiet weekend for you includes shopping, a four mile run and an evening with a friend. That is a fairly good weekend for me.
Post a Comment