Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Oops.

Last Tuesday, during first period, I managed to spill coffee on the keyboard of my trusty MacBookPro. I thought that I completely fried it, but after bringing it to the Apple Store, it turns out that it's only the keyboard that's fried, and they can replace that for a reasonable cost. They have to order in the parts though, which will take 7-10 days, so here's hoping I have a laptop again by the end of the week.

I really did think I was going to have to replace it, since it wouldn't have been cost effective to spend too much on repairing an almost four-year-old laptop. I'm glad that I don't have to shell out the cash, but I had already selected what I would have gotten as a replacement. A new shiny toy could have been fun!

Apart from my self-inflicted laptop disaster, life has been good. On Thursday, I went to the Bloor Cinema to see The National documentary Mistaken For Strangers.  It was rather quirky, but a must-see for any fan of the band.  I spent three completely lazy days on Stratford. I ate a lot, watched lots of baseball & Dateline with my parents, and slept. The biggest outing I had was to Target. (Have I mentioned my love of the St Ratford Target?)

I returned back to Toronto yesterday and laced up my shoes for a run through the cemetery, then attempted drinks on a patio since it was borderline summer weather. However, it kept drizzling, so we stayed indoors. Doesn't matter, I had my first patio drinks of the year in March in Paris!

Now I'm tired of writing on my iPhone so that is all.

ps When I was telling a friend at work about my awful spill I said "Yes, I'm that awesome," sarcastically, of course. An adorable little grade nine girl heard me out of context and earnestly agreed "Yes Miss, you are awesome!" It was sweet and made me feel better.

3 comments:

The Grunt said...

I agree, you are awesome! Sorry for being absent for so long.

Jabba said...

You are DEFINITELY that awesome!! I love the idea of slugging with my parents, Dateline and Jays games.

I haven't been to Target since they migrated north. I've heard they aren't as good.

Unknown said...

You are awesome.