I've been taking it easy since I've been back from Europe. Library trips, coffee, errands, reading, a trip to St. Ratford to get Miss Rilo from her country home, a little bit of friend time, and a Jays game.
My parents and Rilo make me laugh. She really is happy there, and they love her, and I feel really bad taking her back home to Toronto. She's happy in her home environment too. I guess she's a pretty lucky cat from going from a life on the streets to having two homes.
My mother likes to point out that Rilo is extremely well behaved except for when I'm around. As soon as I was there, she started digging her claws into the carpet, and I was informed that she only does that when I am there. I've been told that Rilo is undisciplined before, but I guess it's just my bad influence on her.
Last night, all I felt like doing was staying in with a book. Today was more fun: a Jays game, a trip to the mall, and then dinner/drinks with a friend.
Now I've been chilling with the VMAs and Beyonce just hit that out of the park. Love her.
Tomorrow is my last day until I go to school on Tuesday to start preparing for the new year. Summer flies.
3 comments:
Summer does fly....I hope your start of year goes well. As does Poppet, who is 'helping' me with this comment.
Summer flies for sure. It seemed like a week ago that we were planning August and now it's all over!
I love that Rilo is bad when you're around - Ziggy was the opposite. He used to do bad things when we left him with Brad's dad.
It is difficult to accept that our vampiric lifestyle is ending. It has for me, anyway. Fret not, in ten months, you will be back at it. As for your pet behaving differently when you're around, it might be more normal than you think. My dogs used to do that. That was before I surrendered them to my parents. Soon.
Post a Comment