Friday, August 08, 2014

Prague in point form

I have a few minutes to blog as I sit here in Vienna enjoying my breakfast. Even though I just got here yesterday, I'm leaving the city to do a biking wine tour of the valley. Doesn't that sound amazing?

I loved Prague. I was sad to leave it and upon arriving in Vienna, I have to admit that I held it against Vienna that it wasn't Prague. I have to walk down a very modern crowded street to get to the good part of Vienna, and upon my first walk down that street, all I could think was ugh. But then I reached the cathedral of St. Stephen, and the ornate narrow windy streets, and all I could think of was Mozart. I fell for Vienna last night.

But this post is supposed to be about Prague. I guess I felt the same way about Prague. My very nice hotel was at the edge of the city centre, and my first views of the city were also less than impressive. The first place I discovered was their central mall, the Palladium, as I waited for my room to be ready so I could shower and wash the flight off of me. However, that evening I discovered the old town and fell in love.

In point form, here is what I did in Prague:

- Visited Charles Bridge both at night and during the day to enjoy its gothic statues.

- climbed up to the castle to enjoy the city view

- walked a lot and saw most of the city by foot

- went on a river cruise

- took a day trip to the town of Kutná Hora so I could see the "bone church"

- drank a lot of cheap beer

- got one of those fish pedicures where fish eat the dead skin off your feet

- attempted Czech cuisine but abandoned it and ate French food and Italian food

There's more and I have pictures, but it'll have to wait because I have some biking to do!


3 comments:

Claire said...

Awesome! So looking forward to hearing all about it in person!

Jabba said...

That bone church was out of control?! I'm so envious....

Kevin said...

I found the ossuary too over the top for me. I'm glad you enjoyed it. You can't go wrong with French and Italian food.