Sometimes, even when one can be an insufferable music snob, shit gets so rough that only this Taylor Swift song will do.
I've had a weird maelstrom of negatively surrounding me lately. Most of it doesn't even have anything to do with me. It's just people around me are struggling, and it's brought me down. I obviously can't write about these things here, but some of them are so unbelievable that they seem more like they are out of a movie than real life. And, some of these events are happening far away, and the updates are few and far between, so all there is to do it worry. Blargh. Hopefully by the time I write again things will be better.
On top of that, I'm feeling hurt and confused because there was someone who seemed super into me, and then that someone asked to make plans with me over the weekend and then *poof* disappeared, and won't even respond to my text messages. What the what? I don't get things.
Oh, and I think my skin is paying the price for all of this. Three weeks ago, I got this weird rash on my chin (it seriously makes me look like I've fallen and hit my chin). It cleared up in time for school picture day last week, and then boom! It came back again this morning. I haven't been using any new skin products, soaps, detergents, etc, etc so I have no idea what could be causing it other than S-T-R-E-S-S.
But, but, but, there's always a bright side right?
Instead of moping around on Saturday night, I went over to my pal Mathew's house and watched him cook one of his 52 new dishes of 2014. I insisted on opening a bottle of wine he'd been planning on returning to the LCBO (he's weird), and then we watched Dateline NBC and I had some good laughs thanks to creepy Keith Morrison. I swear belly laughs are the best.
And, I had some good laughs/warmed heart on Friday afternoon during my prep period when I was returning to my office after photocopying some stuff, and a few kids came running out of the chemistry room shouting "Miss, there's a gas leak!" while they were holding molecular molecules of methane. I pretended to drop my stuff and I replied that I would alert the authorities.
They had a supply teacher, and had clearly been snooping through cupboards instead of doing chemistry. "Did you guys make those and wait for me all this time?" I asked, and they replied yes. I grabbed my camera and made them re-enact the scene because really, that's a good memory to look back on when I'm feeling down and have a weird rash on my chin.
On Sunday, I met up with a friend for a spontaneous brunch, dropped by Starbucks where my pal Fea was marking for some laughs, then came home for my transatlantic bad movie date with my pal Claire. We drank red wine and watched the same awful movie while texting back and forth. It was fun.
And lastly, it looks probable that I'm going to get a former student as a student teacher in October. She was an exceptional former student, so I'm quite excited.
I'll leave you with one of my latest musical finds that I don't feel guilty about. I saw Lowell play at Field Trip back in June, and she was great. Her album "We Loved Her Dearly" came out this month on Arts & Crafts, and I adore it.
5 comments:
Sorry to hear about the fickle guy.
As for the skin thing, it's probably the changing of the seasons or some allergen. The older we get, I'm convinced, the more sensitive we become - physically and in all other facets of our being. I developed this rash around my lip last year that made me look like I had a perma-milk moustache - only redder. I tried all sorts of products and in the end in cleared up. Mysteriously. Time is a wicked antibody. I still question its sense of humour.
Hopefully things are better! Chin up! (I couldn't resist, but I hope you know I mean well!)
Also too bad about the Damien Rice tickets. I've rambled on long enough. Out!
I'm sorry to hear things are a bit rough at the moment :( I'm thinking lovely things and sending them your way. I hope they help.
I *loved* our transatlantic bad movie date - I think we should make it a monthly thing :)
Ooooh, and that Taylor track is my jam!
Guys are getting weirder that's all there is too it.
Sorry things have been crappy. I hope things pick up soon as you are ace :)
Yeah that guy - if he's like that he's not worth your time. That's easy for me to say, but in the end I know you will pull through and realize it's his loss. I can't imagine anyone not wanting to spend time with you - I wish we were in the same city!!
I was going to post a picture of a Dialaudid molecule, this post reminded me!
Post a Comment