This is my favourite song by a long shot these days.
Topic #1 - Signs of Aging
I'm getting older (and so are you, sorry). I'm noticing that my willingness to put up with a lot of shit decreases as I get older. For example: I am much more willing to fork out money for a cab these days because sometimes I can't deal when it comes to public transit. For example, this morning I took a cab downtown to board a shuttle bus to get me to the starting line of the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon 5K. Last year, I got up at the crack of dawn, and took a bus and then another bus to get me to the shuttle buses. It was cold, and I had to wait a long time for each TTC bus. This year, all I could think was eff that, I'm forking out for a cab. And I did, it was glorious not waiting out in the cold.
As I get older, I hate lines more and more. And waiting, gawd do I hate waiting.
But I do enjoy being able to take a break every now and then and relax. So I'm not all about the hate and the "I can't even".
Topic #2 - Cross Border Shopping Trip
Yesterday, I went on a cross border shopping to trip to "The Buffalo" with my friend Mathew. We call Buffalo NY "The Buffalo" because Mathew is the worst when it comes to talking to border agents. He was once asked where in the US we'd been, and he said "The Buffalo" and it's been called that ever since.
His performance coming back this time was slightly better, although he kept looking over at me when the agent asked if either of us had accepted gifts while we'd been over. Afterwards, I ribbed him for that because I was like "Why were you looking at me? Did you think I accepted a gift when we split up? Or should I have declared that I got a sample of beer at the grocery store?"
We ended up having our car searched, which has never happened to me, but once they saw that it was full of cookies and yummy food from Trader Joe's they let us go quickly.
1 comment:
I love that border story! Sounds like a pretty good weekend :)
Post a Comment