Saturday, April 18, 2015

Taking a moment.

Right now the fasting-for-charity teenagers are happily sewing sock monkeys and drinking juice. Some colleagues of mine were kind enough to stop by and help out, so instead of making a monkey for the fifth time, I've come outside to enjoy sunshine, fresh air, and solitude.

I'm sitting in the city park across the street from my school. I can see my classroom window, and think fondly about how the room is quiet for the weekend, but it'll be back to normal by Monday. 

I've given ten working years to this place, and even though some days it frustrates the hell out of me, I'm glad that I've come to think of this quirky little building as my home.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

When we put a lot of heart to what we do, it's not that hard to call where we do it home. Kudos to you for supporting teens in this altruistic exercise.

Jabba said...

Ten years hey? Congratulations!

I liked your sock monkey instagram, super cute.