Thursday, August 20, 2015

Lazy Dog Days of Summer

The end of my third-last week of summer vacation is is approaching.  It seems like a longer than average summer since we go back to school a bit later because of a trick of the calendar.

I've been spending the past week socializing, keeping up on baseball (of course), and even conducting some cooking experiments.  I also finally bought myself a new TV, and got Apple TV to go with it, so I've been enjoying watching Netflix etc on a big screen as opposed to my iPad.

That's really about it.  My brain has gotten so mushy that I don't know what else to write!

Oh I know what else to write about: the serendipity of running into friends.  Yesterday, I went to the Eaton Centre and first ran into two good friends from school, which lead to drinks, and afterwards I ran into a friend from university at the LCBO.  I always think how these events hinge on all kinds of small decisions/luck.  That is, I had to choose to go into a certain store for a specific length of time, choose a slow cashier's line with two people ahead of me, etc et. for these random meetings to happen.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Love those little moments. You summer so well, sweetheart :)

Jabba said...

Man, when I lived in Vancouver I NEVER ran into people I knew. I don't often see anyone here either. Maybe I need to get out more!