Monday, November 30, 2015

You can't wear your heart on your sleeve if you're just going to leave.

The highlight of my past week was that I had an A++ Saturday night.

I met up with my friend Elisa at the INSANELY BUSY AND PACKED Eaton Centre and we headed over to the INSANELY BUSY AND PACKED Cavalcade of Lights at Nathan Phillips Square. I want to go not so much for the light, but because Sloan was playing a post-fireworks show.

The fireworks show was pretty great.  I have seen a lot of fireworks in 2015: I saw Fourth of July fireworks at Comerica Park in Detroit during our baseball roadtrip, about four sets of fireworks during the Pan-Am games, and most randomly, the people whose backyard faces the back of my building had a November fireworks show a couple of weekends ago.  I was chilling with Rilo, and we enjoying the 30 minutes of backyard fireworks on a November night.  Why?  I really don't know.  But they were fun.

Anyway, Saturday night's fireworks were up there with the Fourth of July fireworks in quality.  After they were done, a lot of the crowd cleared out and we were able to get near the performance stage for Sloan.  They put on a really fun show.  I think it's the first time I've seen an outdoors wintertime Sloan performance, so I can check that off my list.  I really don't know how many times I've seen Sloan in my life, but thirty would be a reasonable estimate.

The show ended before 10 pm, so we headed to Queen St. for record shopping followed by drinks and nachos.  It was really fun; I haven't stayed out very late in awhile.  (Well, not since Nuit Blanche and CHVRCHES in October... so maybe I'm not as lame as I think?  I dunno, how many late nights are you guys pulling these days?  What's acceptable?)  I like staying out late!

Sunday was a day of hibernation and Nashville-watching.

Today was pretty swell for a Monday.  I escaped school with my grade ten class to go to the Science Centre for a day of learning, fun, and relaxation.  It was followed by a really long student council meeting, a longer-than-usual commute home, and me spending waaaaaaay too long writing a biology quiz, but it made for a nicer-than-usual Monday.  Field trips for life!

This week should be quiet but I really gotta get the Christmas shopping going.  I already have my first party on December 5th.  Tis the season!

No comments: