Monday, December 28, 2015

It's the first storm of the year!

After a practically tropical December, it started to snow after a day filled with cold winds.  It now sounds like it's freezing rain out so yuck.  A perfect night to stay home, drink some wine, and cuddle with the cat.  I did have plans tonight but they got canceled on account of the weather and I'm kinda bummed, kinda not, maybe just somewhere in between.

I have a 6:40 am train to Montreal to catch in the morning, so maybe it's for the best that tonight is extra chill.  I still have to pack, but since I never sleep well the night before a trip, I'll do it later or maybe even at 4 am in the morning.  A 6-hr train ride gives me plenty of time to catch up on sleep.

Christmas was nice, hey? I always hate when it's over though.  I mean it's still the season but the inevitability of taking down the decorations, and going back to work looms.

I'm hoping 2016 is a better year.  Other than when it came to baseball-related adventures, and the usual assortment of concerts and stuff, I can't help but feeling blah about this past year.  Work was significantly more challenging since I had senior-level biology courses to teach that I hadn't taught before, and that took up a lot of time/energy but I still think I could have used the remaining time/energy more effectively.  Balance is always such a struggle, but I know that I can find it and I'm happier when I do.  A goal for 2016 right there.

Hope you are all enjoying your holidays.

3 comments:

Claire said...

Here's to balance - may we all find the balance we need. Let's have a phone call soon :)

The Grunt said...

I drank some cat and cuddled with some wine. I'm pretty sure I did that wrong. Figures, being from Utah and all.

Jabba said...

What was going on in Montreal? Your shopping looked successful! I can't believe your weather! We didn't feel Christmas-y either - we didn't even set up a tree this year. I don't like that so next year I'm going to make more of an effort.