Sunday, February 12, 2006

And all this wandering has got me nothing...

Well it seems like long time no post for me. I've had a pretty good weekend; lots of relaxing and shopping and actually some productive cleaning/organizing of my room. Plus I finished In Cold Blood (now I can see Capote) and watched Corpse Bride again. I love that movie.

In my last post, I promised to take some pictures this weekend. I was mad at myself on Saturday, because I'd gone down to the Eaton Centre for some shopping and could have taken some fun pictures but I'd forgotten my camera. D'oh!

Anyhow, when I was out running errands today, I made sure to bring my camera.

Here is a picture of the "sculpture park" by my apt. building. Apparently, pointy sculptures are cool.

I like this bench. Too bad someone added graffiti to it.


Ummm, I don't know what to say about this sculpture.


I took a picture of some subway trains relaxing and enjoying their weekend off.

I walked by my old apartment that I lived in during my last two years of university. Look what they're building across the street from it:


So I know they're not terribly great pictures, but I feel that I deserve an A for effort. Next weekend, I'm going to Stratford to visit my parents to celebrate my (ack!) 26th birthday, which is on Wednesday. I plan to go for a walk and take some interesting pictures of my hometown. This is what I say every freakin' time I go home and it never happens... But maybe this time it will. ;)

Well, I'm off to do some stuff 'til Desperate Housewives. Hope everyone has a good start to their week!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I've read your blog a few times, and I haven't left a comment. Now I guess I should. The last picture cracked me up. Something about putting the range of pricing for those luxury residences. Would it really entice people to buy?! It's not the normal price range people expect.

Just makes me sad, as I would never be able to afford the 10.5 million house/apartment/condo (which in TO is not surprising)

Happy 26th on Wednesday.

~Amy~

Scott said...

"A" for the pictures... hope that the rest of the weekend went well.

Peace,

Scott

-jason- said...

the last picture cracks me up.

have you ever listened to the notwist?

hope you have a good monday.

Anonymous said...

the uncommented sculpture is so phallic.

Love the pics of T.O.

ever listen to Iron & Wine?

wes said...

Turning 26 wasn't that bad, I hardly noticed. But 30 is going to suck :)

s said...

I have sent you a card for you Birthday - it will hopefully make you laugh. There are so many great pics to take in stratford....maybe not in the winter though.

Aaron said...

pointy is the new round!

Happy 26th!

X said...

Happy bday hun! :)

Definately an A for the pics....I like the bench too...stupid graffiti-ers. I have this pic of the Colisseum from when I was in Rome and there is a wall in the pic with "Screwdriver" spray-painted on it. LOL, every time I look at it it makes me laugh! It's so random! Maybe they don't have "Taggers" in Europe, just random word people. :)

m@ said...

Those condos are advertised on the Globe and Mail site nonstop I believe.
Very nice random pictures, I'm a big fan of random pictures of places and stuff.

Jessica O'Brien said...

Great pictures! That one sculpture you had no comment on made me laugh! I love grafitti but as art in its proper place, not ruining public places and cool benches! Grr! TFS these shots!

Lea said...

yeah so to answer your question, i've been listening to old INXS, but have meaning to get the new cd as well. and i also downloaded some of 'the best of rock star INXS'. that was the best reality show ever. very fun. there were a lot of talented people on it.

btw, love your restaurant story/comment, that was hilarious...