Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! Happy 200th post to me! I can't believe I've kept with blogging for so long... I totally expected to lose interest after a month when I started, but what can I say? I loves it. Oh, and congrats to my dear friend Sandee who's made it to post #10!
All right, so instead of being bitter and cynical about Valentine's Day (which generally I am), I'll just quote a line from a fabulous song, Waltz (Better Than Fine), on the new Fiona Apple CD (that I treated myself to on Sunday):
"If you don't have a date,
Celebrate
Go out and sit on the lawn
And do nothing
-Cause it's just what you must do and
Nobody does it anymore."
Last night my roomie asked me if it was OK for her fiance to borrow the kitchen here to cook her dinner. To which I gave my usual reply of "What? No, of course not! Tonight I was planning on cooking a six-course meal and baking a souffle. Nope. Totally unacceptable." Oh man, the idea of me making a souffle kills me. Last night my roommate joked that I ate a lot of stuff out of boxes. I figure if I can get it from a box, why bother making it myself?
Today was a pretty good day at school. My first period class was vastly entertained because they did an experiment where they blew up balloons using chemistry. Ahhh... the wonders of vinegar and baking soda. Why use toxic chemicals when they're wowed by vinegar and baking soda?
The Daily show last night was freakin' hilarious. Of course, it's not hard to make the story of Dick Cheney shooting a hunting buddy in the face funny. You pretty much just have to tell it.
So, I really should tear myself away from the computer and enjoy the last few hours of my youth. As I've mentioned before, tomorrow I turn the big 2-6. Oh dear, I've hit my late-mid-twenties. Before you know it, I'll be in my early-late-twenties. Egad. Anyhow, tomorrow night, I've assembled a rag-tag bunch of my friends to go out for dinner then come over here and chill until 11 pm when I kick them out since it's a school night.
Anyhow, hope you all have a great Valentine's night, and out I go to sit on the lawn. Well, it's probably cold and wet. Maybe I'll sit on that three-headed bench. Hmmm... cold too. Meh. I'll just go sit in Starbucks.
11 comments:
i entertain my kids with baking soda and vinegar too. guess it doesn't matter what age they are, eh?
LOL at your comment editing on my blog - at least you caught yourself in time!
hmm maybe i'll have to start listening to fiona apple.
i like eating from a box too. cooking from scratch? what's thaaat??
happy vd... and i don't mean the std kind =p.
and happy 200.
and i'll wish you a happy bday when it's appropriate... ie tomorrow.
late 20's ain't that bad. You'll be in good company.
seems like you're turning a lot of momentous numbers as of late.
good on you.
Happy Valentines Day !!!!!
I love how you break down the 20's as so to spread it out - avoiding the thought that 30 is not to far off for you.
I hope you have a great dinner tomorrow night!! Happy B Day too.
The DS was freakin hilarious yesterday!!! Honestly, when you have a story like that, the jokes just write themselves. Happy ANti-Valentines day and happy easrly bday! :)
OMG I did that experiment when I was in school...those were the days :)
Happy V Day to you too! Congrats on the 200th post :D
Unfortunately my lawn is covered in a foot and a half of snow, or so. I spent some time sitting in Second Cup.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHAMP!!! Hope that you have a great day and get many fun presents!! Keep well.
Scott
don't worry. before you hit late twenties, there's late middle twenties and late late middle twenties. you're still a long way off. you'll probably be making souffles before then.
happy birthday!
Happy BD. :)
Happiest Belated B-day... hope it was a great one.
One of these days I will tackle a soufle. Of course then it will most certainly go flat: P My eats are normal in bags (as in the takeaway kind) but ocassionally I get the urge to make things from scratch.
As normal after several drinks that urge usually goes away : )
Post a Comment