Yay! It's Wednesday evening. Only two more days 'til the weekend. Fabulous!
Well, the Canadian men's hockey team has lost to Russia and is out of the running for a medal. Let the national sobbing, gnashing of teeth, and soul searching begin. On the bright side, we picked up two golds and a silver today. All won by women, of course, who have been kicking some major ass in these games. I must admit that I enjoy the Olympics. Pretty soon I'll be going through Olympic withdrawl.
Right now, at this moment, I'm watching last night's tape of the Colbert show. He is commemorating the discovery of DNA by Watson and Crick and lamenting that it has been used by the "evolutionistas to promote their pro-monkey agenda". Yeah baby! I love that. I shall henceforth refer to myself as an evolutionista.
By no means am I a fashionista. However, I bought myself a new pink beaded top this weekend and got muchos compliments on it today. A couple of my students were like "Miss, you're so bright today!"
Last night I finished reading "The Undomestic Goddess" by Sophie Kinsella. It was pretty good overall, but I thought that the ending was a bit convoluted and drawn out.
Hmmm, since this post is turning out to be random, let's check in with iTunes to see what the last ten random songs on my iPod were:
1) In State - Kathleen Edwards
2) Nothing Left to Make me Want to Stay - Sloan
3) Hoopes I Did It Again - Relient K
4) Leash - The Weakerthans
5) Bruised - The Bens
6) Vindicated - Dashboard Confessional
7) Bloody Mother F*****g A*****e - Martha Wainwright
8) Hey Girl - Dashboard Confessional
9) Don't Forget About Us - Mariah Carey
10) Dance, Dance - Fallout Boy
Whoa... right now I'm watching the women's 3000 m speed skating relay medal round. It's making me dizzy... Canada's in third... oh, oh Italy's on their heels... Oh, the Canadians are now in silver medal position... Woo! Canadians get the silver! Yay! (Korea was first, China third.) Oh wait now, they disqualified the Chinese and now the Italians have bronze. The Italians are quite happy about this.
On that note, I'm pleased that Canada has its 18th medal. And with that, this totally random post and I are outta here!
7 comments:
iTunes has repeatedly suggested Relient K to me, but I keep forgetting to check them out. I see you have them on there, since you've got good taste, I will have to download some of their songs.
Go Canadian women!
Yay Canadian women, boo Canadian Men!
Those speed skating relay races are hard to watch, I get confused as to who's in the race and who's not. And they skate so close to each other, I don't know how they don't trip over each other all the time :)
I am so happy that Canada has 18 medals - we are doing so well this year, and esp. happy that the women are kicking so much ass. The mens hockey team could benefit from a few ladies....
i saw dashboard when they opened up for u2 in the fall.
Great to see the team do so well. I think that 18 medals is our all time best. Very proud to watch them do so well.
Scott
Dashboard is awesome! Canadian men are not. Man that game sucked....2-0? C'mon now! At least the girls are kicking butt! :)
I am an evolutionista too. What's surprising is that I live within spitting distance to the polar opposite. And by spitting distance, I mean my next door neighbours.
Post a Comment