Anyhow, I've just finished typing out overhead notes for a thrilling lesson on sexual reproduction in animals and plants (oh, I dread the questions that I'll have to deal with when I bring up the subject of hermaphrodites ). My old crappy overhead finally broke and I got a new one last week. The old one was so bad that I never used it. And, you cannot get something replaced on the basis it is virtually unusable. It's gotta be completely unusable. Finally it completely broke and I got a new one. I'm into overhead overdrive now. I'm enjoying the reduction of chalk on my pants.
Anyway, I had an enjoyable time at home. On Friday night, I met up with Sandee and the gang (my new blog name for my high school friends - gives you guys a point of reference). Some good gossip was shared. The rest of the weekend was spent with my family. I saw some movies with the 'rents (Cinderella Man and Good Night, and Good Luck). I also actually took some walks around town and got some pictures of Stratford. Here they are:





From top to bottom:
- the court house
- one of the many trees that is now practically growing in the river due to erosion
- the Festival Theatre
- crooked picture of the city's "skyline" (guess you could call it that) complete with swans on the river
- a swan cooperatively posing for a picture - they're like typical models: all hissy and ill-tempered until you put a camera on them (yes, swans hiss)
Well, time for bed. Hope you all have a great week!
8 comments:
When I was in school, I always preferred it when the teachers used the chalk board as opposed to the overhead. When the overhead was on, the room always had to be dark, and I would start to fall asleep. Actually, correction, I liked the overhead more, I got more sleep. :)
Very nice town!
Darn those hissing, prissy swans, lol. You managed to score a picture-perfect picture of it though.
you make it sound as if I am the gang leader ...which I am fine with of course. The pics make it seem like such a sweet spot - and it is I guess, until the tourists arrive.
I loved using overheads to teach!
Nice pictures of the S Town... hehe. Hope that you have a good couple of short weeks.
Scott
Stratford is so pretty! I went there about seven years ago for the theatre festival.....bringing back some good memories :)
And awesome for having some 4-day weeks! :)
Sexual reproduction is so interesting in the Kingdom Animalia. Plantae, not so much. All the best in keeping a straight face with all their queries. Been there. All the power to you.
hope you had a good time with all those sexual reproduction questions!!
beautiful pictures!
So i found some Swans down the road from my house in Waterloo the other day. I intend to investigate further to find out if they are as evil as the Stratford ones, or if the Stratford ones are just sick of the tourists like the rest of us... I will up date, soon, on my blot!
Post a Comment