Sunday, September 03, 2006

If we keep it still, it won't go by so fast.

My long weekend thus far:

Friday - Went to school, of course, to continue unpacking our science stuff into our new labs. I've learned that if you leave Erlenmeyer flasks, beakers, pipettes, etc. in cardboard boxes over the summer, they breed like freakin' rabbits. I swear we did not have that many when we packed them up.

Forgot my keys at school. Realized this once I got home and tried to get in the building. Went back to work praying that someone would still be in the building. Made a deal with God - if I get my keys, I will not try to worm my way out of having my aunt (who I love but drives me bananas) crash at my place in a couple of weekends.

There were caretakers in the building still (and my VP for that matter), who saw me banging at the front door immediately. Keys were in desk drawer. Made trip home, again. That reminds me, I need to call my aunt tonight...

I rented "Akeelah and the Bee" on my second trip home. It was all right. I'd give it 3 silent Es out of 5.

Saturday - Woke up feeling like absolute shite. Yuck. I haven't felt that bad in a long time. Yucky headache, sore stomach etc. Decided that no, I wasn't going to let feeling like crap ruin one of my last days of summer. Showered, got dressed, decided to momentarily lie down on bed. Woke up at 5 pm. However, sore stomach and yucky headache were gone, so not all was lost.

Today - Decided the only way to face my back-to-school anxiety was to buy lots of fun school supplies. Look at the pretty marking pens I got:


With pens like that, and the funky new haircut I got earlier in the week, and all of the new fall clothing I've bought, I think I'll be OK. I think. (Pens, new clothing, and new hairstyles are my defenses against anxiety).

In celebrity sighting news, I'm pretty sure that I saw Andrew of Sloan by U of T today. Either that, or it was his doppelganger.

In cool iPod accessory news, look at these iPod skins called Gelaskins. I am so tempted to get one, once I survive a week of school. Hmmm, I think I'd get one by a well-known artist: I'm tempted by a Van Gogh, Monet, or Kandinsky. What's that iPod? No! You can't have the Snakes on a Plane one! Just because I let you have that stupid Snakes on a Plane song, 'cuz it is funny, doesn't mean you can have that skin. Be quiet or I'll won't get you a new anything.

Enjoy the rest of your long weekend!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always buy a new set of Sharpies at the start of school. It is my tradition. Good luck with the kidlets on Tuesday.

Jocelyn said...

hahaha loved this post
those ARE pretty pens
good luck back at school

it's not so bad if you pretend...

wes said...

Those skins are pretty cool, but I have my eye on one that is clear, so I can actually see the ipod. Maybe I should buy some school supplies to make me feel better? :p

Anonymous said...

good luck tomorrow. hope your first week back goes smoothly.

X said...

Have fun with the back to school! I enjoy the pens....new pens are always fun :)

The Grunt said...

Here's to going back to school, and getting paid to do it!

Scott said...

Best of luck back at school. Hope that everything goes great for you.

Scott

JO said...

Hehe, your so mean to your ipod... Snakes on a Plane is so cool.. There are some very cool skins there.
Hope you had a good day today!