Yesterday was a heavy day. I'd like to blog about it but I'm having a hard time getting the post out. It's all okay; but yesterday I had to deal with some sad news that I'd heard over the summer, but I hadn't really dealt with until yesterday. I have a bad habit of dealing with things by not really dealing with them.
After an emotional day, I came home to the news of the Montreal shooting.
Today I've seen pictures and read a bit about the girl who died. It's so tragic when a young person dies; especially in circumstances such as these. It's hard too, because she looks like she could be a student at my school, and filled with life one day, and tragically gone the next.
In my short teaching career, two students in my school have died. Yesterday, we had a memorial service for one of these students. It's hard enough for me to cope with death. It's especially hard seeing how it affects the other students. I'm used to seeing these kids being loud and silly or swaggering and acting tough; but seeing them filled with sadness is disconcerting and just plain wrong.
At the memorial, the priest mentioned that when you are filled with grief, it seems right when it's raining. It's as if the earth is crying with you.
It rained yesterday.
When I watched the news today, it was raining in Montreal.
3 comments:
Its been raining here all day.
I wsa thinking that the rain was fitting as well. Hope that you are feeling okay.
Scott
a few years ago the father of one of my 7 year old students committed suicide - that was a really tough funeral to go to - seeing a little boy lose his dad like that was awful.
Post a Comment