A post with three parts...
A) Another Day Down
Thank God that I don't audioblog because my voice is so tired and needs a rest. It had a nice summer vacay, and after a full day of teaching, especially the first few classes where I have to talk a freaking lot, it's strained and tired. I don't think I help things by spending a lot of time yapping with coworkers after work...
B) Rockstar Rant
What will I do when my beloved show is over? I won't have anything to obsess over. Dammit.
Anyhow, I enjoyed last night's show muchly. Storm was probably my favourite performer of the evening. Of course, I loved loved loved Lukas, as I always do, but I really enjoyed Storm's original song. I dug Lukas' version of Bon Jovi's Living On A Prayer, and his original was great, but I didn't love it as much as Storm's. However, Head Spin has actually grown on me now that I've heard it more than once.
Voting: what the fuck? I coudn't vote!!! When I clicked on the vote flag on the Supernova website, I got the message about how to vote that you get during non-voting times. Did anyone else have this problem?
I have a theory: there was a conspiracy blocking Canadians from voting for dear Lukas so that he'd end up being in the bottom three for once. Harrumph. To that I will steal Toby's little saying and say evs. Evs. Lukas was in the bottom three, but was in no danger. In fact he benefitted and got to sing his original again, and now it's in my head.
Now who should have been in the bottom three? Magni! Magni's a great singer, but he just lacks a certain je ne sais quoi. I'd personally call it a lack of sparkle. I think it was his time, but those damned Icelanders apparently have no problems voting. So, unfortunately, it was Storm who got the Tommyhawk, which Tommy himself couldn't bear to bring down, so he made Jason do it. I think Storm deserved to be in the final four.
Next week = final week = a big "Go Lukas" from me!
C) Tag-o-rama (courtesy of Wes).
This requires eight things you don't know about me. I can totally do random, but I may struggle with the unknown. Please don't hate me if I say something you already know.
1) When eating a hotdog, I always put mustard on, and then ketchup. Not the other way around. Mustard goes on first.
2) My pal Becca T thinks I'm obsessed with birds. I don't think I am... Last night, we were watching Rockstar videos online, and a commercial came on that featured a dancing pigeon and I commented that I liked the commercial. "Of course, you like it! There's a bird. I could sell you anything if I put a bird in the commercial!" she exclaimed, happy to have further evidence for her theory. More evidence for her theory: I like a lot of songs about birds, for example: Bird as Prophet, by Christine Fellows.
3) I buy a lot of Skechers brand shoes.
4) This morning I ordered a tall mild coffee and a white chocolate blueberry scone from Starbucks on my way to work.
5) I saved the scone for lunch.
6) I was obsessed with dinosaurs as a kid. My favourite toy was a stuffed Stegosaurus named Steggy. Steggy still lives with me.
7) If I'm asked to pick a number between 1 and 10, I'll probably pick seven.
8) When I get stressed out, I walk really fast, and think about trigonometry and calculus (just simple derivates) to calm myself down. How nerdy is that?
I will be lazy and say if you want to be tagged, you'd better believe that you're it. Oh, and a special shoutout to any of my friends from the GSA (greater St. Ratford Area), who I pressured into starting blogs, and whose blogs require some updation.
8 comments:
Your blog hates me too, darn anonymous comments.
I loved Lukas' version of Livin' on a Prayer! So good.
I don't agree with Storm's departure, I think it should have been Toby.
That was Matt.
You're good with the tag stuff, I think I may let that one go by the wayside (sorry Wes).
I've always wanted to try to audioblog, but I never get around to it! One day....
I like dilana pre-drama. I like Magni's chances.
lol, when I was thinking of things for my list, I came up with a lot of food ones too. I think that in itself is weird, that I do a lot of weird things to do with food. I could have written the whole list on just that. :)
I agree completely when you say that your friends from St. Ratford need to update their blogs. I want to find out how the stone got out of that nose. Hope school is going well - your friend from Slabtown....
I actually didn't know most of those 8 things about you. Granted there were some that happend just that day but it's still impressive because the ones I did know, you added somthing I didn't, like Steggy still living with you ;)
Just for the record, i've never noticed you've had a bird obsession!
p.s. maybe your friend from slabtown needs to start a blog!
I'll give my opinion on Rockstar that I have actually watched it now. I didn't like Lukas's original song, but his version of Livin On A Prayer was awesome. Dilana's original was also awful. I liked Magni's, but Supernova didn't seem to like it as much as me. I didn't like Storm's at all, it was way too "Kid Rock" for me. Maybe it was just the hat she was wearing, and then when she took it off and had the long blonde hair, it just reminded me of Kid Rock. She also seemed to be rapping the chorus, like a Kid Rock song. Toby had the best original song, it sounded totally Australian, which I loved because I love Australian rock, as if you couldn't tell by my love of The Living End. :)
And what was up with Toby singing Mr. Brightside? Did that not seem out of place when compared to the other cover songs the other people sang? :) One of these things does not belong. :)
Post a Comment