These are my Deserted Island Must-Haves.
Books:
1) Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Now, maybe evenutally someday they'll publish all of the Harry Potter books in one (long long long) volume and then I can just bring that. For the time being, I'll settle on the 6th book, not because it was my favourite HP book (I think I just may love them all equally), but because it was the most recent, and hence the one I've read the fewest times. Note: as soon as book #7 comes out (please hurry JK!), I'll bring that one.
2) America: The Book - Jon Stewart et al - It still makes me laugh after multiple browsings, so I think it'd last on the dessert island.
3) The Ancestor's Tale: A Pilgrimage to the Dawn of Evolution - Richard Dawkins - I own this book. It's massive, but the writing isn't too heavy so it's readable. I aim to read it in its entirity someday. I'm thinking being stuck on a desert island would help me.
Albums/CDs:
1) Reconstruction Site - The Weakerthans - Contains my favourite song of all time (Reconstruction Site). I can't get sick of this album.
2) Ben Folds Live - Contains a good mix of Ben Folds Five and solo stuff. Plus there is a fun cover of Tiny Dancer and a hilarious song called "Rock This Bitch".
3) You Were Here - Sarah Harmer - I have listened to it a billion times and have never gotten sick of it. I'm pretty sure I could listen to it a billion more.
People:
1) Chris Carrabba of Dashboard Confessional - he's dreamy, yo.
2) My pal Becca T
3) Chris Murphy of Sloan (to distract Becca T so I can have the other Chris to myself.)
Hmmm, I'm thinking now that I have people with me, and 2 rockstars at that, I probably won't get around to reading my third book. Oh well.
Movies:
1) The Wedding Singer
2) Corpse Bride
3) Can I puhlease bring a season of The Simpsons??? Anything but season 1! (if I'm not allowed one season, even just one disc from on season, I'll bring Edward Scissorhands.)
***********************************
Dad update: Still in hospital until they figure out what to do with his toes. I'll be making the trip to London again to visit him tomorrow. My mom's gotten herself very rundown from the stress of my dad being sick. I'm a bit nervous about leaving her at home alone, but I think I'll go back to work for Thursday and Friday, then come back to Stratford Friday night.
Goal For Tomorrow: Get up early and take a walk around the river and enjoy the fall colours.
Rockin My Ipod: Danny Michel/Emm Gryner/Memphis/Stars/Death Cab for Cutie
Happy Wednesday!
7 comments:
all the best to your father.
and i'll just pretend i didn't see anything about fall colours. i'm veddy jealous.
:)
AM
You just answered a question that I have been meaning to ask, which was what is your favorite Weakerthans album. Thanks. :)
America The Book is awesome. Enjoy the fall weather and the awesome tunes. :)
Good list! I may have to keep this one for a rainy day!
take care of yourself too christi. all the best.
That walk sounds like a really good idea... I should have done that today, but it was raning all day so I just drove around and did some shopping instead :)
Tell your mom to stop worry and take care of herself... silly girl!
I hope that things get better for your Dad. Tough stuff.
Be well,
Scott
I hope that things get better for your Dad. Tough stuff.
Be well,
Scott
Post a Comment