Thursday, March 08, 2007

I might just get up and dance or buy some acid-wash pants...

I checked my email at lunch today, and look at what was there!!!!!!!

I was actually alone in science office, which was a good thing, because I got really really really excited and then accidentally hit my foot on the table and then swore. Rather embarrassing actually...

Anyhow, tickets are onsale tomorrow, and they actually do go on sale when I am on my prep period (5 mins before I have to go teach), so I will so be getting them ASAP. Ya gotta hate ticketmaster for their "convenience" charges (yeah, it's convenient for them to charge me $10 per ticket, sure) but I did enjoy their informative email today. Oh, yeah, not an attractive picture of Ben, but whatever.

As I've been grumbling, I have NOT been to a concert yet in 2007, and if I don't get to one before this one, seeing Ben Folds is quite a way to kick off a good season of concert going. Ben is one of my favourite musicians of all time and he doesn't play Toronto very often. In fact, he played here 4 times since I started university, and I've made a point of seeing him each of those times. Ahhh... number 5 will be fabulous I'm sure. If you ever get the chance to see him live, go, go, go! I think he is one of the most underrated musicians around and does not get nearly enough acclaim.

In other news, I had a colleague comment that she heard from other people that I was funny at the party I went to on Saturday night. Uh-oh. Well, good thing I've always been comfortable with the fact that I *am* an amusing drunk and I rarely do embarrass myself. (Quiet some of you. I hear snickers.) And, I did fork over the $120 today for the dragonboat racing team that I pledged to join as well as followed up on my offer to paint sets for the play.

Finally, in the most important news of all, 1 more school day 'til March Break. I've planned quizzes for a couple of my classes. I gotta keep them from tearing down the walls, and nothing's better for that than a quiz. Although I tell them "it's better than me giving you lots of homework during March Break" and there's no arguing with that.

Happy Friday to you all!

3 comments:

wes said...

I hate those convenience charges, what exactly am I paying for? I drive to the ticket place to buy the ticket. grrrr.

Anyways, I got a good email from ticketmaster as well, but its quite a bit different from Ben Folds. :p The concert is after I move, so I am debating buying the ticket for the Vancouver show, but would that jinx it? Would everything fall apart because I purchased a concert ticket? Probably not, but it still bothers me. Enjoy the concert, it should be awesome. :)

AlieMalie said...

boing!

how exciting!

Claire said...

Yay Ben Folds! I am jealous, sweetie!

Cxx