I think the bloody cold is on its way out! Woo-hoo!
While on my subway ride home tonight, I finished reading Vincent Lam's "Bloodletting and Miraculous Cures" which won the Giller Prize this year. (Some other woman on the same car was reading it too. Kind of weird to be reading the same book as someone on the train.) The book was pretty interesting overall. I have to say that I liked his style of writing, but it made me glad to not be a doctor. The book is a series of short stories about some doctors, set in Toronto, but none of them seem to enjoy their profession very much. The author is a doctor, and it makes me wonder if he cares for his profession. I hope not all doctors are that unhappy.
I've started my March Break reading project. It's a trilogy of historical novels about Josephine Bonapart all together in one volume. The thing is huge: 1155 pages in total. I started it this evening and it's pretty good so far. The only problem is that its not very portable, so I think I'm going to have to carry a bigger bag as long as I'm reading this thing. However, it could make for a good weapon if someone tries to accost me on the street.
Today the song Lost Cause by Beck came up on my iPod. I love that song. Does anyone have the album Sea Change? I think I might like it. Feedback please!
3 comments:
sea change is a really great album if you like low key melancholy music, or are in the mood for it. definitely nothing like any other beck album.
That's quite ambitious of you, it sounds like when I was a teenager and I took on the Lord Of The Rings trilogy. I'm not much of a Beck fan so I don't have that album, but what I am really enjoying right now is the new Arcade Fire album. :)
send the cold my way, svp.
hope you're feeling better.
:)
AM
Post a Comment