I totally jinxed myself. On Friday night, I bragged to my roommate: "I haven't been sick at all this school year. Nothing. Not even a cold or a scratchy throat since September."
I should have kept my bloody mouth shut.
On Saturday, I woke up and the left side of my throat was scratchy. Of course, I didn't help matters with my truly heroic intake of alcohol on Saturday night. I've heard that it weakens the immune system. Anyhow, I woke up on Sunday morning somehow not all that much hungover, but very stuffed up. And stuffed up I've been for the past couple of days.
Anyhow, I think I'm going to have a warm bath, curl up with a book and go to bed early. More excitement later I hope.
ps 3 more school days 'til March Break!
Update: This makes me feel better:
1 comment:
I jinx myself all the time about not being sick and than sure enough, I get sick. So I have stopped mentioning it and so far that has worked out for me.
Eat lots of soup. :)
Post a Comment