I also took a bit of a detour on my way home after that. On Sunday, I browsed around the shoe department at the Bay. I came across a pair of Converse All-Stars that could only be described using one word: emo-licious. They had little pink broken hearts on them for crying out loud. But, on Sunday, I was well-behaved. I said "No Christielli, you do not need new shoes. Why, just yesterday, you purchased yourself a nice pair of grown-up shoes with pretty understated gold-flowers on them, fun straps, and heels that make you sound like a grown-up as you walk down the halls in them. " However, the running shoes have been in the back of my mind since Sunday, and especially today at school when it was dress down day and they would have looked oh-so-cool with my jeans. Since the Bay was just by where I picked up my new CDs, I had to give in.
Here's a picture of them, in all of their emo-liciousness.

I look forward to wearing them to many rock concerts. Their first show will be Joel Plaskett. I also picked up those tickets today while getting my CDs, and had an enjoyable Joel Plaskett conversation with the record store clerk who was sort-of-kind-of-cute in a geeky way, but probably too young. (He said he'll be at the Plaskett show.)
Now that I'm done with my shoe babbling, I'll move onto other new topics.
In I-don't-know-what-I've-got-'til-it's-gone news, the beginning of May is a bit sad despite new CDs. I own an Office calendar, and April was Jim Halpert month. I don't feel that I took enough advantage of enjoying Jim's picture during April. May is The Temp month. I have nothing against the Temp, but he's no Jim. Not even close. Maybe I should just leave the calendar at April forever.
In I'm-really-not-completely-vapid-despite-this-post-being-mostly-about-shoes news, I bought a great book recently: Ecoholic by Adria Vasil. Vasil writes a column of the same name in Now magazine. She dispenses advice for greener-living for those of us who are addicted to the planet. (Hi, my name is Christielli and I'm a total Ecoholic.) Anyhow, I'm going to try and green myself up one step at a time. I recently got a grocery bag made from old water bottles so that I can end my dependence on evil one-time plastic bags. Note: remembering to bring the bag with me is the hard part. My second step is to try and buy more locally-grown food. There's a farmer's market every Thursday in the community centre by my school. This Thursday, I'm going to go for the first time ever and see what I can score. And I'll remember my grocery bag.
Anyhow, I must go listen to my new CDs. So far Tori's 6 for 6 of the songs I've listened to. Happy humpday tomorrow.
9 comments:
haha... i love your shoe/feet pictures. i remember you had one that was about muddy shoes maybe? gotta love women who rock the chucks.
wow! your day sounds absolutely wonderful! new shoes! concert tickets! not one, but TWO new CDs?! could it get any better?! awesome, yo! and those shoes totally rock, you were right in getting them.
i think it's also super cool that you're greening yourself up. boo! to plastic bags and yay! to your new, ecofriendly bag. and farmer's markets are great places to meet new, friendly, eco people too!
yay!
:)
I love your shoes!! :D
Becca
Hun, if there's one thing we, as women, have the right to do is babble about shoes! :) Very emo-licious :P
They're AWESOME!
I love all the crazy kinds of chucks that they have out now, I'm just sad they're all girl shoes, none of the cool designs are boys.
that being said, off I go to ebay!
I have always been into wearing the All-Stars, but at my last job a guy there showed me some sites where you can get the craziest pairs. I look forward to the day that I have some money so I can buy some crazy pairs of All-Stars.
And the Feist CD is awesome. I like the two singles, My Moon My Man and 1234, but I think my favs so far are Sealion (which comes up on itunes as Sealion Woman, very weird) and Past In Present. :)
I love the shoes! May is a great month. That is the month that I was introduced into this world.
So those are the emo shoes...they are fab! And hurrah for vaguely cute geeky muso guys :-).
Happy May!
Cxx
You know what? Cool shoes.
Post a Comment