Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I know you may roll your eyes at this, but I'm so glad that you exist.

Tomorrow night is my Weakerthans concert in Hamilton. Woo-hoo! I am beyond excited for this. Now, I'm sure I'm complained a billion times on here about the fact that it's been over two years since my last Weakerthans concert, and man, am I happy to be ending that dry spell.

Initially I was going to rent a car with my dear friend Becca T to go to Hamilton for the show, but stuff happens and she can no longer go. Luckily, I have a friend at work, for whom I've made Weakerthans mixed CDs, who was more than willing to pick up the slack. Plus, she's got a car, so I do not have to deal with my Toronto/highway-driving anxieties at this point in time.

In university, my pals Becca T, Alison and I coined a lot of words in our personal lexicon. We were weird like that. One of the best was the term enjoyability (noun) which is a term for something enjoyable. A Weakerthans concerts is one of my top enjoyabilities in life. Since I'm in a happy mood, I'm going to list some more enjoyabilities, just for fun, since making a list of enjoyabilities is an enjoyability in itself.

* Today's weather - it was a little cool, but I love not sweating!
* Sitting on my balcony with a yummy Orange Mocha Frappucino from Starbucks. I'm sad that I'm moving away from said balcony. I don't go out there often enough, but man, the view is breathtaking.
* New CDs! I picked up the Silversun Pickups (haha) and Imogen Heap on a whim today.
* Students who write me happy notes on their final exams.
* The Daily Show/Colbert Report - I haven't watched them in awhile, but I did today and laughed a lot. My fave line from Colbert "Oscillating fans: pick a side - left or right. We're at war!"
* Planning end of school pub crawls.
* Nice marking pens.
* School staring a little bit later during exam week.
* Taking the train to Stratford. I complain a lot about the train's lateness, but I do enjoy sitting on the train, listening to my iPod and daydreaming. Incidentally, I'm attempting another trip home, provided I do not sleep through my train again.
* Fresh laundry. That reminds me, I'd better go get mine from the dryer. Later!

4 comments:

Aaron said...

oooh pub crawls are a definite enjoyability!

do you have a balcony at the new place? maybe it will try hard to impress you and crack your list of enjoyabilities!

Kelly said...

Have a great time!

wes said...

I never went on a pubcrawl that I was planning on going on. The only ones I have ever been on are when I show up at a bar with friends and there is a pubcrawl there and we some how talk our ways onto them.

Enjoy the CDs. :)

Anonymous said...

Bitter, bitter, bitter-- I am stuck in California. Enjoy the show!!!